Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Questions about pcanywhere with multiple users

Questions about pcanywhere with multiple users

MBell72398

I recently posted a message wanting feedback about helping an insurance company
in one town that runs a Win2000 Server with about 15 computers that all run
Win2000 Pro with mapped drives back to the server. This company is in the
process of opening 2 more locations in 2 different states with pc's having both
2000 pro and some with xp pro and they want both new locations to have access
back to the main location's server to be able to access the apps they use to
run their business.
All 3 locations will have DSL access so I wanted to set them up through that
connection. Both of the new locations will have up to 3 computers that will
need to access the server.
It was suggested that I use Norton's PCAnywhere. Does this program have the
ability to serve this many remote users at the same time?
I have never been on the server end of setting up any kind of remote terminal
services. I have set it up before on the client end and when this was done, I
used the client terminal services already supplied with the os. If memory
serves, I thought 2000 Pro also came with some sort of remote terminal services
also. If so, am I better off to use this and if so, is it a major pain in the
butt to set up?
Thanks for your time and input, Mike
Please remove nospam to email me
Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
Rincon, GA.31326

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (MBell7239 wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> All 3 locations will have DSL access so I wanted to set them up
> through that
> connection. Both of the new locations will have up to 3 computers that
> will need to access the server.
> It was suggested that I use Norton's PCAnywhere. Does this program
> have the
> ability to serve this many remote users at the same time?

You need a VPN, not PCAnywhere. PCAnywhere is remote control software.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk