Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > deleting fonts to increase computer speed

deleting fonts to increase computer speed

A.Z

I am looking for ways to increase the speed of a computer that has
started to run extremely slowly. I use just a tiny fraction of the
available fonts in Wordperfect and Word. If I deleted the majority
of the never-used ones,would that help?

A.z.

Jerry G.

It is not the fonts that would slow a computer. Check to see if your system
has any adware or spyware type programs. There are some free utilities that
will clean these up. Some work better than others for particular types of
unsolicited software that your system may be running.

Check out Ad-Aware, Spybot, and CWshredder. Before running these, make sure
the programs are updated.

--

Jerry G.
=====