Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > missing windows file

missing windows file

ROBERT BROOKS

Hi

I seem to be encountering many irratating problems of late with my PC.
I am running windows xp home on a dell 2.53 GHZ 384 RAM machine.

The system says it is missing file ibfs32.dll and won't start some programs.
After installing windows XP home again - the same file is missing!

Any suggestions, or help with this ??

Thanks
Rob

Duane Arnold

"ROBERT BROOKS" <(E-Mail Removed)@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Hi
>
> I seem to be encountering many irratating problems of late with my PC.
> I am running windows xp home on a dell 2.53 GHZ 384 RAM machine.
>
> The system says it is missing file ibfs32.dll and won't start some
> programs. After installing windows XP home again - the same file is
> missing!
>
> Any suggestions, or help with this ??

The dll seems to be part of some third party software and has nothing to
do with the XP O/S.

You can use Google using *ibfs32.dll* and you'll get some hits on it and
what application/program that's not on your machine that could possibly
install and register the dll so that other applications/programs can use
it.

Duane

derek / nul

On Wed, 26 May 2004 23:18:33 +0100, "ROBERT BROOKS"
<(E-Mail Removed)@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I seem to be encountering many irratating problems of late with my PC.
>I am running windows xp home on a dell 2.53 GHZ 384 RAM machine.
>
>The system says it is missing file ibfs32.dll and won't start some programs.
>After installing windows XP home again - the same file is missing!
>
>Any suggestions, or help with this ??

Yes, reinstall "some programs"