Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > What is a good program to use for remote access?

What is a good program to use for remote access?

MBell72398

I have an insurance company in one town that wants to open another office in
another town and be able to access the same server.
The client pc's use 2000 pro and the server is 2000 server. The connection
will be made via DSL.
I have worked with client stations that were running XP pro and they were
using the remote terminal service that comes with XP but I have no idea what
program the server was running.
Any suggestions is greatly appreicated.
Thanks, Mike
Please remove nospam to email me
Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
Rincon, GA.31326

Duane Arnold

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)ospam (MBell7239 wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have an insurance company in one town that wants to open another
> office in
> another town and be able to access the same server.
> The client pc's use 2000 pro and the server is 2000 server. The
> connection
> will be made via DSL.
> I have worked with client stations that were running XP pro and they
> were
> using the remote terminal service that comes with XP but I have no
> idea what program the server was running.

The workstation was running the Terminal Service Client software. The
server was running the Termainal Service Server software.

Duane

Maybird

"MBell72398" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an insurance company in one town that wants to open another office

in
> another town and be able to access the same server.
> The client pc's use 2000 pro and the server is 2000 server. The

connection
> will be made via DSL.

How about pcAnywhere from Norton? One is being host, and the other is
remote...
There is several protocol you can use to make the connection. (e.g. TCP/IP)

> I have worked with client stations that were running XP pro and they were
> using the remote terminal service that comes with XP but I have no idea

what
> program the server was running.
> Any suggestions is greatly appreicated.
> Thanks, Mike
> Please remove nospam to email me
> Michael Bell @Bell Electronics
> Rincon, GA.31326

ProfGene

It depends on what you want to do. If you want each computer to have access
to the other computer you use a program like Pcanywhere. If you want just
to be able to transfer large files you can use MIRC.