Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Icon on desktop

Icon on desktop

ypauls

Dear Computer Expert
About once a month I get an Icon on the desktop that has the name ~ (the
symbol). I open the file with the program notepad & found it contained
the email addresses of my Outlook Express address book. I can delete the
file without harming anything. I am sure this is not normal, but what
can/should I do to correct this problem? I do use a fire wall & have an
active anti-virus program that is updated regularly, I have had no
notification that there are any viruses present.
Cordially
ypauls

colin

ypauls <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Computer Expert
> About once a month I get an Icon on the desktop that has the name ~ (the
> symbol). I open the file with the program notepad & found it contained
> the email addresses of my Outlook Express address book. I can delete the
> file without harming anything. I am sure this is not normal, but what
> can/should I do to correct this problem? I do use a fire wall & have an
> active anti-virus program that is updated regularly, I have had no
> notification that there are any viruses present.
> Cordially
> ypauls

http://www.pchell.com/support/tildefile.shtml

ypauls