Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > what are DAT files?

what are DAT files?

BillKirch

And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

Stuart

BillKirch wrote:

> And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

The dat files in Kazaa are the partially downloaded files, if you delete
them you will lose those downloads and have to start again.

A DAT file is simply a data file and can contain anything, but don't go
deleting them randomly or at all unless you know what they are being
used for.

Stuart

Yep

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)oads (BillKirch) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

Running KaZaa? You don't need to worry about Dat files but you will need:

NAV 2003 (At least)
AVG
Spybot
Adware
CWshredder

to name a few

LOL

Michael-NC

"Yep" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> (E-Mail Removed)oads (BillKirch) wrote in message

news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> > And why do I get them in my KaZaa downloads. And do I need them? BG

> Running KaZaa? You don't need to worry about Dat files but you will need:
>
> NAV 2003 (At least)
> AVG
> Spybot
> Adware
> CWshredder
>
> to name a few
>
> LOL

Also worry about who's scanning your system. Protowall, a driver level
firewall and The Blocklist Manager which feeds Protowall a periodically
updated blacklist will take care of that "problem."