Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Speaker Problems...

Speaker Problems...

Warthog

Hello,

I have a Cambridge Soundworks speaker system, 4 speakers and a base unit.

The problem is that sound will only come out of two of the four speakers.

Im running Windows XP SP1

Thanks in advance,

--
Warthog

Spamtrap: Replace NOD with ndo

Stuart

Warthog wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Cambridge Soundworks speaker system, 4 speakers and a base unit.
>
> The problem is that sound will only come out of two of the four speakers.
>
> Im running Windows XP SP1
>
> Thanks in advance,

Have you run the speaker test, do they all work when you do that. Once
you have verified that all the speakers are working then you will need
to check your connections and sound settings. It is possible WinXP
thinks you only have stereo speakers, this could be due to the soundcard
drivers and settings.

Stuart

Warthog

"Stuart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c8khdd$lvt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Warthog wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Cambridge Soundworks speaker system, 4 speakers and a base

unit.

> > The problem is that sound will only come out of two of the four

speakers.

> > Im running Windows XP SP1
> >
> > Thanks in advance,

> Have you run the speaker test, do they all work when you do that. Once
> you have verified that all the speakers are working then you will need
> to check your connections and sound settings. It is possible WinXP
> thinks you only have stereo speakers, this could be due to the soundcard
> drivers and settings.
>
> Stuart

Thanks Stuart, now sorted! turns out I didnt have the speakers pluged in
correctly!

Warthog.