Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Highly Recommended

Highly Recommended

Saref Aref

Hi every body.
It's known now that Creation of "Start up" bootable CD disk is essential,
simply because it's not vulnerable for viruses attacks. I created a CD disk
and transmitted all the data of the Floppy startup on this CD disk(burning
it)
Unfortunately it does not work !!!!!
I think the computer can not identify the disk or its drive,
noting that I use Windows Me
Any person can tell me step by step what I have to do?
My Best
Saref

Pepperoni

It may be your boot sequence. Your PC is looking to boot from "a", and your
CD is "d" (or whatever) The settings are in your bios settings. Set to
boot from "d" then "a" then "c". (CD, floppy, HDD, your drive letters may
vary)
"Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40ad5690$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi every body.
> It's known now that Creation of "Start up" bootable CD disk is essential,
> simply because it's not vulnerable for viruses attacks. I created a CD

disk
> and transmitted all the data of the Floppy startup on this CD disk(burning
> it)
> Unfortunately it does not work !!!!!
> I think the computer can not identify the disk or its drive,
> noting that I use Windows Me
> Any person can tell me step by step what I have to do?
> My Best
> Saref

Yep

"Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<40ad5690$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi every body.
> It's known now that Creation of "Start up" bootable CD disk is essential,
> simply because it's not vulnerable for viruses attacks. I created a CD disk
> and transmitted all the data of the Floppy startup on this CD disk(burning
> it)
> Unfortunately it does not work !!!!!
> I think the computer can not identify the disk or its drive,
> noting that I use Windows Me
> Any person can tell me step by step what I have to do?
> My Best
> Saref

Did you use the "make boot CD" option in you burning software or did
you just copy the files and burn them.

To make the disk bootable you have to go into "make bootable CD", copy
the files and then also have a source for the MBR for the boot CD or
it won't work.

One way to do this is to copy the files of the bootable floppy to a
folder on the desktop. Leave the bootable floppy in the A drive. Open
your burning software and select make bootable CD. For the source
files browse to the folder you created and add the files. Next select
floppy A as the source for the MBR for the boot CD. Click burn. The
software will pull the MBR from the floppy and then burn the files you
selected thus making a bootable CD.

Good luck

Lloyd Jones

Good tip Yep.