Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > disk fragments

Reply
Thread Tools

disk fragments

 
 
Wizard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2004
Therein lys the problem.

bearman wrote:
>


> > "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Was your drive's partition Fat?
> > >


>
> I take that back. The partition is FAT 32.
>
> Bearman

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
bearman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2004

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Therein lys the problem.
>
> bearman wrote:
> >

>
> > > "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > Was your drive's partition Fat?
> > > >

>
> >
> > I take that back. The partition is FAT 32.
> >
> > Bearman


I don't know why that would be. It seems to hang on the backup file. Could
you explain, please.

Bearman


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wizard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2004
I don't have an explaination, other than Diskkeeper runs flawlessly on
NTFS partions.

bearman wrote:
>
> "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Therein lys the problem.
> >
> > bearman wrote:
> > >

> >
> > > > "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > > Was your drive's partition Fat?
> > > > >

> >
> > >
> > > I take that back. The partition is FAT 32.
> > >
> > > Bearman

>
> I don't know why that would be. It seems to hang on the backup file. Could
> you explain, please.
>
> Bearman

 
Reply With Quote
 
bearman
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-22-2004

"Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't have an explaination, other than Diskkeeper runs flawlessly on
> NTFS partions.
>
> bearman wrote:
> >
> > "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Therein lys the problem.
> > >
> > > bearman wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> > > > > "Wizard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > > > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > > > > Was your drive's partition Fat?
> > > > > >
> > >
> > > >
> > > > I take that back. The partition is FAT 32.
> > > >
> > > > Bearman

> >
> > I don't know why that would be. It seems to hang on the backup file.

Could
> > you explain, please.
> >
> > Bearman


Except for that one file, it works fine on the FAT32 drive (or at least up
to that file). I also use Diskeeper on an NTFS partition of the same drive.

Bearman



 
Reply With Quote
 
Mr. Phil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-26-2004
New improved method of defragmenting. It's the hardwaredefragmenter.

http://www.datadocktorn.nu/us_frag1.php

-Phil


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CrcAlign-Err and Fragments switchctidude Cisco 3 03-06-2005 09:17 PM
Fragments broken Luigi Donatello Asero HTML 0 07-18-2004 11:50 PM
many lost fragments on ppp-multilink connections Gerd Thuemmler Cisco 0 11-27-2003 07:54 AM
Extracting XML fragments Roger Varley Java 3 09-04-2003 06:14 PM
ppp multilink lost many fragments Gerd Thümmler Cisco 0 07-11-2003 08:05 AM



Advertisments