Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > startup run - unknown file

startup run - unknown file

Jan van Gastel

In my startup run, as shown by 'spybot-search and destroy'- there is afile
named 'alvclpjo.exe''. It's in the windows directory. Can't find any
information about it on the internet (Google). Does anyone know what it
does?

--
Jan
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/

DeMoN LaG

"Jan van Gastel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:40ac468f$0$12746$(E-Mail Removed):

> In my startup run, as shown by 'spybot-search and destroy'- there is
> afile named 'alvclpjo.exe''. It's in the windows directory. Can't find
> any information about it on the internet (Google). Does anyone know
> what it does?

More than likely a virus or a trojan, just delete the file and the startup
entry.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Lloyd Jones

You obviously haven't got any AV software on your computer or your not
up-to-date. Also get SpyBlaster that's a free prog that loads with windows
and runs in the background so it's going to be much harder for nasty things
to enter your registry.

LJ