Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Installing Windows on custom built computers

Installing Windows on custom built computers

fjwilson

Where can I find information about installing OEM version of Windows
on computers I build for other people?
Do I contact Microsoft directly?
There are other software programs that I am also thinking of using for
backup purposes, like Drive Image, or Maybe Norton Ghost. I don't know
if there was some kind of resource that explained basically how
arrangement like these between computer shops and the software
manufacturers worked and took some of the guesswork out of the
process.
THanx in advance.
fjwilson

Michael-NC

Just buy a OEM version and install it on the customer's machine. There's no
need to contact MS. They are not going to give you a special price unless
you buy a lot of licenses.

"fjwilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Where can I find information about installing OEM version of Windows
> on computers I build for other people?
> Do I contact Microsoft directly?
> There are other software programs that I am also thinking of using for
> backup purposes, like Drive Image, or Maybe Norton Ghost. I don't know
> if there was some kind of resource that explained basically how
> arrangement like these between computer shops and the software
> manufacturers worked and took some of the guesswork out of the
> process.
> THanx in advance.
> fjwilson

fjwilson

Thanx, Michael. You've saved me some steps.
fjwilson

"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<HYTqc.55044$(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Just buy a OEM version and install it on the customer's machine. There's no
> need to contact MS. They are not going to give you a special price unless
> you buy a lot of licenses.
>
> "fjwilson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > Where can I find information about installing OEM version of Windows
> > on computers I build for other people?
> > Do I contact Microsoft directly?
> > There are other software programs that I am also thinking of using for
> > backup purposes, like Drive Image, or Maybe Norton Ghost. I don't know
> > if there was some kind of resource that explained basically how
> > arrangement like these between computer shops and the software
> > manufacturers worked and took some of the guesswork out of the
> > process.
> > THanx in advance.
> > fjwilson

Vince Slevin