Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > crashes in win xp

crashes in win xp

heavenbound

I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows xp is
hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
the app name
failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it, and
yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues 3 - 5
times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in the
last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the last
2 months. i don't know what to do.

MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
corsair 3200 i think ram
ati radeon 9700 pro
Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
sony dvd rw 510 model.
kenwood truex cdrom
floppy
WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
120gb ata133 for back up.

I'm completely lost what to do.

i have no spyware nor viruses.

i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a problem.
I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days ago
was fine and so on.

DeMoN LaG

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:20040519210009.279
$(E-Mail Removed):

> P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz

Don't overclock the machine

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Michael-NC

For Christ's sake, that is a _very_ agressive overclock, you're corrupting
your memory timings and causing yourself the grief. Blame yourself, if you
have trouble with apps like you have on a OC'ed machine, that's the first
thing I would expect. And _never_ OC a machine while _installing_ windows.

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20040519210009.279$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows xp

is
> hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
> the app name
> failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
> first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
> worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it, and
> yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues 3 -

5
> times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in the
> last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

last
> 2 months. i don't know what to do.
>
> MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
> P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
> corsair 3200 i think ram
> ati radeon 9700 pro
> Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
> logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
> sony dvd rw 510 model.
> kenwood truex cdrom
> floppy
> WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
> 120gb ata133 for back up.
>
> I'm completely lost what to do.
>
> i have no spyware nor viruses.
>
> i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a problem.
> I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
> regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days ago
> was fine and so on.

heavenbound

"Michael-NC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OUTqc.55024$(E-Mail Removed) om...
> For Christ's sake, that is a _very_ agressive overclock, you're corrupting
> your memory timings and causing yourself the grief. Blame yourself, if you
> have trouble with apps like you have on a OC'ed machine, that's the first
> thing I would expect. And _never_ OC a machine while _installing_ windows.
>
> "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20040519210009.279$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows

xp
> is
> > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
> > the app name
> > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
> > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
> > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it,

and
> > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues

3 -
> 5
> > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in

the
> > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

> last
> > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
> >
> > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
> > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
> > corsair 3200 i think ram
> > ati radeon 9700 pro
> > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
> > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
> > sony dvd rw 510 model.
> > kenwood truex cdrom
> > floppy
> > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
> > 120gb ata133 for back up.
> >
> > I'm completely lost what to do.
> >
> > i have no spyware nor viruses.
> >
> > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a

problem.
> > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
> > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days

ago
> > was fine and so on.

the overclock is not really that bad cus you can even go faster. i just
haven't bothered. it could be the overclocking so i will lower it to 2.9 or
2.8ghz and see what happens. and go back lower even yet untill i determine
if the crashes stop.

does anyone know what that error means? i tried searching on google, but
couldn't find anything.

Thor

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20040519210009.279$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows xp

is
> hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
> the app name
> failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
> first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
> worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it, and
> yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues 3 -

5
> times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in the
> last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

last
> 2 months. i don't know what to do.
>
> MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
> P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
> corsair 3200 i think ram
> ati radeon 9700 pro
> Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
> logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
> sony dvd rw 510 model.
> kenwood truex cdrom
> floppy
> WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
> 120gb ata133 for back up.
>
> I'm completely lost what to do.
>
> i have no spyware nor viruses.
>
> i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a problem.
> I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
> regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days ago
> was fine and so on.

The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs, and
stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next, check
the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad sectors.
Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some other
modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in the
system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your hardware.

heavenbound

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20040519210009.279$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows

xp
> is
> > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
> > the app name
> > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
> > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and it
> > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it,

and
> > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues

3 -
> 5
> > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in

the
> > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

> last
> > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
> >
> > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
> > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
> > corsair 3200 i think ram
> > ati radeon 9700 pro
> > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
> > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
> > sony dvd rw 510 model.
> > kenwood truex cdrom
> > floppy
> > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
> > 120gb ata133 for back up.
> >
> > I'm completely lost what to do.
> >
> > i have no spyware nor viruses.
> >
> > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a

problem.
> > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
> > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days

ago
> > was fine and so on.

> The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs, and
> stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next, check
> the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
> running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad

sectors.
> Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some other
> modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in the
> system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your hardware.

PSU is plenty good i know that. i know all cards cables and hardware inside
is fine cus i was just in there. the only thing i can do is lower the clock
and try and also run memtest.

how do you do a full hard drive check for bad sectors?

mark mandell

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20040519230703.266$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:20040519210009.279$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I'm getting these crashes in programs and wonder if this meand windows

> xp
> > is
> > > hosed or it could be my hardware or what.
> > > the app name
> > > failed to initalize properly (0xc0000005)
> > > first yahoo messenger does that, then i repair install windows xp and

it
> > > worked. then now nero is giving the same error when i try to open it,

> and
> > > yahoo i am scared of that breaking again too. i have had these sisues

> 3 -
> > 5
> > > times in the last 2 months on my pc. i have repair install windows in

> the
> > > last 2 days 3 times. and reformat re install windows xp 2 times in the

> > last
> > > 2 months. i don't know what to do.
> > >
> > > MSI 865PE Neo2 series board.
> > > P4 2.4 overclock to 3ghz
> > > corsair 3200 i think ram
> > > ati radeon 9700 pro
> > > Samsung Synchmaster 955DF monitor
> > > logitech ps2 keyboard with usb wheele mouse
> > > sony dvd rw 510 model.
> > > kenwood truex cdrom
> > > floppy
> > > WD 10k rpm sata 74gb 4.3ms access hard drive
> > > 120gb ata133 for back up.
> > >
> > > I'm completely lost what to do.
> > >
> > > i have no spyware nor viruses.
> > >
> > > i will run memtest86 for ram test, but 99.9% sure it won't find a

> problem.
> > > I also have other problems that have never been resolved yet either
> > > regarding a video issue and now OE takes 30 seconds to open but 2 days

> ago
> > > was fine and so on.

> > The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs, and
> > stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next,

check
> > the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
> > running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad

> sectors.
> > Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some

other
> > modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in

the
> > system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your hardware.
> >

> PSU is plenty good i know that. i know all cards cables and hardware

inside
> is fine cus i was just in there. the only thing i can do is lower the

clock
> and try and also run memtest.
>
> how do you do a full hard drive check for bad sectors?

Go from Start-My Computer-Right click "local disk"-select Properties-Click
the "tools" tab"-In "error checking" click "check now"-pick the second
option "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

Mark Mandell

DeMoN LaG

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:20040519215151.296
$(E-Mail Removed):

> does anyone know what that error means? i tried searching on google, but
> couldn't find anything.

It means usually bad RAM or a bad CPU. In this case, I don't understand
why you don't immediately clock your CPU back to 2.4ghz and try again,
instead of working down to it.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: (E-Mail Removed)

dudalb

Over Clocking a machine is begging for trouble....espicially if you are
installing a OS. Re Clock you chip down to 2.4 and try again.

heavenbound

"mark mandell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BHVqc.15523$(E-Mail Removed) link.net...

> "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:20040519230703.266$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > > news:20040519210009.279$(E-Mail Removed)...

windows
> > xp
> > > is

and
> it

it,
> > and

sisues
> > 3 -
> > > 5

in
> > the

the
> > > last

> > problem.

days
> > ago
> > >
> > > The first thing you should do is return your system to normal specs,

and
> > > stop overclocking while you are trying to resolve this issue. Next,

> check
> > > the seating of all cards, memory, cables, etc. Make sure all fans are
> > > running normally. Then, do a full harddrive check scanning for bad

> > sectors.
> > > Next, run Memtest86 and check your RAM for problems, or swap in some

> other
> > > modules, or remove one at a time and test if you have more than one in

> the
> > > system. Also make sure your power supply is adequate for your

hardware.

> > PSU is plenty good i know that. i know all cards cables and hardware

> inside
> > is fine cus i was just in there. the only thing i can do is lower the

> clock
> > and try and also run memtest.
> >
> > how do you do a full hard drive check for bad sectors?

> Go from Start-My Computer-Right click "local disk"-select Properties-Click
> the "tools" tab"-In "error checking" click "check now"-pick the second
> option "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors".
>
> Mark Mandell

tell me this. why would the resolution refresh rate change by itself? i was
using the pc, left and the screen saver came on, when i get back to the pc
the res is now 1024x768 60 hz and no one touched the pc. why and how could
this happen?