Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > OUTLOOK EXPRESS????

OUTLOOK EXPRESS????

Paul

Does anyone know what the "Good" alternatives to Outlook express are?

Paul

DeMoN LaG

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:MLFqc.19343$J_7.16705@front-
1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> Does anyone know what the "Good" alternatives to Outlook express are?

A) Don't put your text in your signature
B) OE does mail and news, which are you looking to replace?

I use Eudora (ad sponsored version) for email, and Xnews for newsgroups.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Night_Seer

I use Mozilla Thunderbird, but regular Mozilla works too.

--
Night_Seer
news:MLFqc.19343$(E-Mail Removed)...

> --
> Does anyone know what the "Good" alternatives to Outlook express are?
>
> Paul

Lloyd Jones

I used thunderbird but I found Outlook Express better, probably because I've
used it for so long now.

LJ

Night_Seer

Lloyd Jones wrote:
> I used thunderbird but I found Outlook Express better, probably
> because I've used it for so long now.
>
> LJ

Have you tried the latest build? It used to be slow as molassess starting
up among other bugs, but they are really cleaning the program up...its much
better now.

--
Night_Seer

Lloyd Jones

No I downloaded the beta version before and I think that's turned me off the
program for life.

LJ

Brad

"Paul" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<MLFqc.19343$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> --
> Does anyone know what the "Good" alternatives to Outlook express are?
>
> Paul

I can't stress enough how much I think you should try Mozilla Thunderbird.

It is a fantastic e-mail client. It's free. And it's easy to use.

Lloyd Jones

What can it do that Outlook Express can't?

LJ

DeMoN LaG

"Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote in news:c8j6tf$2tr$(E-Mail Removed):

> What can it do that Outlook Express can't?

It can not require security patches every month or two to fix huge gaping
holes in it.

I can read and write standard unix mbox format mailboxes, so if the program
craps out your email is still accessible via any other mail client

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: (E-Mail Removed)

Warthog

I ues IncrediMail for my eMail, and O.E. or my news access