Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Deleted Documents

Deleted Documents

TINY

Is there away to automatically deleted documents when I turn off my
computer I have XP Pro

Scott Gardner

There are a lot of programs that let you set up a "RAMdisk" on your
computer. What this does is use part of your RAM to create a virtual
drive. Any documents stored on this RAMdisk will be lost when you
turn your computer off. Do a Google search on "Windows XP ramdisk" to
find out more.

You didn't say why you wanted your documents to be deleted when you
turn off your computer. Keep in mind that if you use Word or any
other program to create the documents in the first place, you might
still have backup or draft copies of the documents stored somewhere on
your hard drive.

Scott Gardner

On Wed, 19 May 2004 05:22:46 GMT, "TINY" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is there away to automatically deleted documents when I turn off my
>computer I have XP Pro

TINY

You know when you go to start >documents without clicking on anything I get
stuff there like if I open a pictures it will be there I get a long list I
don't want to delete the folder stuff just what comes under that part

Stuart

TINY wrote:

> You know when you go to start >documents without clicking on anything I get
> stuff there like if I open a pictures it will be there I get a long list I
> don't want to delete the folder stuff just what comes under that part

I am not quite sure what you mean, but you can delete the documents list
by clicking on start > settings > taskbar & start menu. Once the palette
opens click on the advanced tab and select clear, this option may be
slightly different depending on your version of windows but will be in
the same location. This simply clears the shortcut list, it doesn't
delete any files or folders contained in that list.

Stuart

Lloyd Jones

Download Window Washer that will get rid of the list and all the Internet
Files on your computer.

LJ