Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > video problems with refresh rate

video problems with refresh rate

heavenbound

I've got an ati radeon 9700 pro latest drivers. win xp pro sp1 all updates.
samsung sync master 955DF monitor.

i have it set 1280x1024 75 hz. sometimes when i boot the pc the refresh rate
is flickinering on the screen so i can see the flicker just barely and it
hurts my eyes. the display still says it's 75 hz, but it's not. i know it. i
will then change it to 85hz and the problem goes away and it no longer hurts
my eyes. the problem will happen again later. same thing. then i will change
it to 75hz and it won't hurt my eyes anymore. this is going on for like
ever. re installing drivers and windows doesn't do anything either. what
could be the issue?

Jerry G.

If you are using XP or XP-Pro, uninstall the monitor only. Now reboot the
machine. Do not install the monitor drivers from the manufacture
installation disk. Install the drivers that come with XP. If XP does not
have your monitor listed, you can use any Samsung compatible driver from XP.

I remember reading some bulletins about this, for a number of monitor types.
I cannot remember where I got them from.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"heavenbound" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:20040518021953.395$(E-Mail Removed)...
I've got an ati radeon 9700 pro latest drivers. win xp pro sp1 all updates.
samsung sync master 955DF monitor.

i have it set 1280x1024 75 hz. sometimes when i boot the pc the refresh rate
is flickinering on the screen so i can see the flicker just barely and it
hurts my eyes. the display still says it's 75 hz, but it's not. i know it. i
will then change it to 85hz and the problem goes away and it no longer hurts
my eyes. the problem will happen again later. same thing. then i will change
it to 75hz and it won't hurt my eyes anymore. this is going on for like
ever. re installing drivers and windows doesn't do anything either. what
could be the issue?

heavenbound

i did not even have the drivers for the monitor installed and windows xp
does not know what this monitor is that i know, just says plug n play
monitor. but just now i installed from the samsung cd. i dont think that
makes a diff though cus ive done it before with the same issues.

news:c8ccnn$5e0$(E-Mail Removed)...