Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HELP

Saref Aref

Hi every body
I want to add a line in the "Autoexec.bat" file.
But I don't want to use "copy con" to re-write the file again because when I
checked this file by "type autoexec.bat" via the DOS I found it was very
long.
Please any body can tell me if there is a program by which I can delete some
and add other lines ? or even tell me a command in Dos.
I need HELP.
With my Best.
Saref

DeMoN LaG

"Saref Aref" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi every body
> I want to add a line in the "Autoexec.bat" file.
> But I don't want to use "copy con" to re-write the file again because
> when I checked this file by "type autoexec.bat" via the DOS I found it
> was very long.
> Please any body can tell me if there is a program by which I can
> delete some and add other lines ? or even tell me a command in Dos.
> I need HELP.

Try the "edit" command, as in:
edit autoexec.bat

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Plato

Saref Aref wrote:

> I want to add a line in the "Autoexec.bat" file.

type:

edit autoexec.bat

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

ProfGene

You can write the autoexec.bat in Windows by viewing the file in notepad and
saying open, then choose all files then browse to C: autoexec.bat and open
it. Type in the changes you want and save it as "all files" and you will be
prompted that it already exists do you want to replace it and say yes. But
in case you make a mistake you can copy the original file and save it under
any name such as autoexec.old.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...