Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > roings

roings

Jan van Gastel

Ad-aware keeps finding the roings files 'roimoi' and 'ssprint'. After
deleting, they are soon present again. On the net I found a list of files
that should be deleted, to get rid of it. From that list I found three on my
computer: unstall.exe, ustall32.ini and tempf.exe. I deleted the files, but
roimoi and ssprint still come back. Is there a better solution?

--
Jan
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/

Lloyd Jones

Try updating your ad-aware reference file.

LJ

Jan van Gastel

I already did several times. I update at least once a week. And I also use
spybot-search and destroy. Both programs find the spyware and delete the
them, but they are soon back every time.

--
Jan
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/
"Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
news:c8b1f5$5b6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try updating your ad-aware reference file.
>
> LJ

bearman

"Jan van Gastel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40a90fc0$0$12746$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I already did several times. I update at least once a week. And I also use
> spybot-search and destroy. Both programs find the spyware and delete the
> them, but they are soon back every time.
>
> --
> Jan
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/
> "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> news:c8b1f5$5b6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Try updating your ad-aware reference file.
> >
> > LJ

Do they come back after visiting a particular site?

bearman

Jan van Gastel

No, they return whichever site I visit.

--
Jan
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/
"bearman" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jan van Gastel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40a90fc0$0$12746$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I already did several times. I update at least once a week. And I also

use
> > spybot-search and destroy. Both programs find the spyware and delete the
> > them, but they are soon back every time.
> >
> > --
> > Jan
> > http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/
> > "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> > news:c8b1f5$5b6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Try updating your ad-aware reference file.
> > >
> > > LJ
> > >

> Do they come back after visiting a particular site?
>
> bearman

Lloyd Jones

Download CWShredder that found and deleted spyware on my computer that
Ad-Aware couldn't even find.

LJ

Lloyd Jones

After viewing this thread ad-aware found malware call roings in the
registry. Strange.

LJ

Wizard

That's because you continuously go to the same site that puts them
there!

Jan van Gastel wrote:

> I already did several times. I update at least once a week. And I also use
> spybot-search and destroy. Both programs find the spyware and delete the
> them, but they are soon back every time.
>
> --
> Jan
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/
> "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> news:c8b1f5$5b6$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Try updating your ad-aware reference file.
> >
> > LJ

Jan van Gastel

I finally succeed in removing roings!!!! I downloaded 'HijackThis.exe' .
This program found a file from roings.com in the windows downloaded programs
folder. 'Spybot search and destroy' and 'Ad aware' didn't find it. After
removing it, the roings registry items 'roimoi and ssprint, didn't return.
--
Jan
http://home.wanadoo.nl/jhm.vangastel/Astronomy/

"Jan van Gastel" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:40a90754$0$65916$(E-Mail Removed)...