Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > No pictures in uploaded webspace????

No pictures in uploaded webspace????

fredcromer

When you connect broadband with 'tiscali', you get a free
'webspace'....anyway, using WS_ftp, I uploaded a webpage i created,using MS
frontpage........the only problem is, I made the 'webpage',dead simple..just
a title and two photos, except when i looked for my webspace online, it's
there, but the places where the photos were, has blank boxes with a blue
outline, and a red 'cross' in the left top corner of the two boxes..where
the photos(scanned and with the .jpg extension), are meant to be.....CAN
anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C

mcp6453

fredcromer wrote:

> When you connect broadband with 'tiscali', you get a free
> 'webspace'....anyway, using WS_ftp, I uploaded a webpage i created,using MS
> frontpage........the only problem is, I made the 'webpage',dead simple..just
> a title and two photos, except when i looked for my webspace online, it's
> there, but the places where the photos were, has blank boxes with a blue
> outline, and a red 'cross' in the left top corner of the two boxes..where
> the photos(scanned and with the .jpg extension), are meant to be.....CAN
> anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
> webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
> appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C

Look at the HTML source to make sure that the file locations for the
images are correct. Try typing the exact URL to one of the images to see
if it appears. If that fails, try a different browser because you may
have enountered the infamous Red X problem with IE.

mcp6453

fredcromer wrote:

> When you connect broadband with 'tiscali', you get a free
> 'webspace'....anyway, using WS_ftp, I uploaded a webpage i created,using MS
> frontpage........the only problem is, I made the 'webpage',dead simple..just
> a title and two photos, except when i looked for my webspace online, it's
> there, but the places where the photos were, has blank boxes with a blue
> outline, and a red 'cross' in the left top corner of the two boxes..where
> the photos(scanned and with the .jpg extension), are meant to be.....CAN
> anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
> webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
> appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C

If you want to send me the URL privately, I'll try it from here.

Bob Wing

"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When you connect broadband with 'tiscali', you get a free
> 'webspace'....anyway, using WS_ftp, I uploaded a webpage i created,using

MS
> frontpage........the only problem is, I made the 'webpage',dead

simple..just
> a title and two photos, except when i looked for my webspace online, it's
> there, but the places where the photos were, has blank boxes with a blue
> outline, and a red 'cross' in the left top corner of the two boxes..where
> the photos(scanned and with the .jpg extension), are meant to be.....CAN
> anyone tell me why the pictures don't seem to have uploaded to my ISP
> webspace. but the 'title' I gave it, and all the text is there......I will
> appreciate any asistance in this matter, All the best......FRED C

The problem is most likely that your host doesn't have frontpage extension
installed. If you need any help setting that up give me an e-mail at

Good luck,

Bob

DeMoN LaG

"Bob Wing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Hhypc.33129$(E-Mail Removed) om:

> The problem is most likely that your host doesn't have frontpage
> extension installed. If you need any help setting that up give me an
> e-mail at (E-Mail Removed)

What!? It's clearly a problem with his HTML. Either it is specified with
something like "file:///c:/...", or perhaps his files are named photo.JPG
and his code says "photo.jpg"

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Michael-NC

Was this guy phishing for a customer???

"DeMoN LaG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Bob Wing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:Hhypc.33129$(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
> > The problem is most likely that your host doesn't have frontpage
> > extension installed. If you need any help setting that up give me an
> > e-mail at (E-Mail Removed)
> >

> What!? It's clearly a problem with his HTML. Either it is specified with
> something like "file:///c:/...", or perhaps his files are named photo.JPG
> and his code says "photo.jpg"
>
> --
> website: http://www.demonlag.com
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk
> email: (E-Mail Removed)

Chet

You have to separately upload the HTML and the pix. The HTML has references
to the pictures but does not "contain" the picture.