Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Dogplie.com Search Engine

Dogplie.com Search Engine

Wayne R. Russ

Hello Everyone,

My system appears to work fine in most every way except one. I can go to
URL www.dogpile.com file and navigate around the site, but when I enter a
search term and click their Go Fetch! button I can only get,

The page cannot be displayed

I get the same when trying to search their Yellow pages and White pages.
I can search all other search engines, but I like their hits better. I go to
my secondary backup Windows 95 system and www.dogpile.com works fine.

Can anyone think of any reason this might be happening to this one
particular site all of a sudden ? It used to work. Can/Would anyone Please
suggest some solutions that might solve the problem ?

All input is Greatly Appreciated,

Wayne R. Russ

Windows 98
PII 450 Mhz.
256 MB RAM
20 GB HD
I.E. 6.0
O.E. 6

ric

"Wayne R. Russ" wrote:

> My system appears to work fine in most every way except one. I can go to
> URL www.dogpile.com file and navigate around the site, but when I enter a
> search term and click their Go Fetch! button I can only get,
>
> The page cannot be displayed
>
> I get the same when trying to search their Yellow pages and White pages.
> I can search all other search engines, but I like their hits better. I go to
> my secondary backup Windows 95 system and www.dogpile.com works fine.
>
> Can anyone think of any reason this might be happening to this one
> particular site all of a sudden ? It used to work. Can/Would anyone Please
> suggest some solutions that might solve the problem ?
>
> All input is Greatly Appreciated,
>
> Wayne R. Russ
>
> Windows 98
> PII 450 Mhz.
> 256 MB RAM
> 20 GB HD
> I.E. 6.0
> O.E. 6

Hmmm...working fine for me with:

Windows 98
PII 266 MHz
192 MB RAM
5.6 GB HD
IE 6.0

What are you searching for? Does it work at Google?

Lloyd Jones

Perhaps your firewall is blocking you, on some search engines they need to
put cookies on your computer to function properly.

LJ

Wayne R. Russ

> > My system appears to work fine in most every way except one. I can

go to
> > URL www.dogpile.com file and navigate around the site, but when I enter

> > search term and click their Go Fetch! button I can only get,
> >
> > The page cannot be displayed
> >
> > I get the same when trying to search their Yellow pages and White

pages.
> > I can search all other search engines, but I like their hits better. I

go to
> > my secondary backup Windows 95 system and www.dogpile.com works fine.
> >
> > Can anyone think of any reason this might be happening to this one
> > particular site all of a sudden ? It used to work. Can/Would anyone

Please
> > suggest some solutions that might solve the problem ?
> >
> > All input is Greatly Appreciated,
> >
> > Wayne R. Russ
> >
> > Windows 98
> > PII 450 Mhz.
> > 256 MB RAM
> > 20 GB HD
> > I.E. 6.0
> > O.E. 6

> Hmmm...working fine for me with:
>
> Windows 98
> PII 266 MHz
> 192 MB RAM
> 5.6 GB HD
> IE 6.0
>
> What are you searching for? Does it work at Google?

As an experimental term I used

NBC News

Dogpile did not work, but Google did work.

Wayne R. Russ

Thank You for the suggestion LJ, but I disabled my Firewall and tried
Dogpile and it still failed. Such is the life with computers.

news:c7t28e$usc$(E-Mail Removed)...