Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > AP4P800 Motherboard BIOS message...

AP4P800 Motherboard BIOS message...

Paul

In article <40a15fd4$0$2998$(E-Mail Removed)>, "Montgomery
BOO...URNS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> I just got my new computer up and running and it runs totally awesome - I
> LOVE IT!! The Asus P4P800 motherboard is tops in my book only that there's
> one thing that's annoying me every so often when I restart the computer and
> that is I get this message from the BIOS:
>
> New CPU Installed! Please enter SETUP to configure your system.
> Press F1 to Run Setup
> Press F2 to load default values and continue
>
> This message seems to appear either when I change a setting through the
> Control Panel on my Windows 2000, or I install a new program (not all
> programs, mainly Windows or Microsoft programs), or if I change a setting on
> a piece of hardware through Windows.
>
> What can I do to keep this message from suprisingly making an appearance and
> getting rid of it permanently? I've already flashed the BIOS and loaded up
> the motherboard drivers.
>
> Also, I've switched off the power supply from the switch on the back of the
> supply itself only to have all the time and date settings on the BIOS reset
> on me. How can I keep that from happening even if I do a complete power
> supply shutdown?
>

> --
> D.Chandler
> THEESUBONEGENIUS
> http://www.subone.com/

Is this a brand new motherboard, or a refurb ?

Have you been doing the "Clear the CMOS" thing ? Did you
pull the AC plug before doing it. You can damage the ORing
diode that feeds power to the CMOS ram that holds the settings,
by clearing CMOS without killing all power to the motherboard.

The part that can get damaged is a tiny three legged device.
It has the letters "K45" printed on top. You can only read the
text with a magnifying glass. If it is burned, the text will
be illegible.

Is the CMOS coin cell dead ? If has to put out somewhere between
2V and 3V for the CMOS to hold settings. The battery is a common
one, available at many stores.

HTH,
Paul

end user

Check the MB battery, if defective your bios settings will not be
saved.

Locust

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:20:46 -0700, "Montgomery BOO...URNS"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello all:
>
>I just got my new computer up and running and it runs totally awesome - I
>LOVE IT!! The Asus P4P800 motherboard is tops in my book only that there's
>one thing that's annoying me every so often when I restart the computer and
>that is I get this message from the BIOS:
>
>New CPU Installed! Please enter SETUP to configure your system.
>Press F1 to Run Setup
>Press F2 to load default values and continue
>
>This message seems to appear either when I change a setting through the
>Control Panel on my Windows 2000, or I install a new program (not all
>programs, mainly Windows or Microsoft programs), or if I change a setting on
>a piece of hardware through Windows.
>
>What can I do to keep this message from suprisingly making an appearance and
>getting rid of it permanently? I've already flashed the BIOS and loaded up
>the motherboard drivers.
>
>Also, I've switched off the power supply from the switch on the back of the
>supply itself only to have all the time and date settings on the BIOS reset
>on me. How can I keep that from happening even if I do a complete power
>supply shutdown?

Montgomery BOO...URNS

[...]

(E-Mail Removed)