Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Link underlining

Link underlining

Bob S.

When I type in a link (www.wxyz.com for example) in OE6, it underlines
and creates a link. But when I try to create a link in IE6, it handles
it as text and does not create a link. Where is that @#$%$#@ switch
that allows link creation??

TIA
Bob S.

DeMoN LaG

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Bob S.) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> When I type in a link (www.wxyz.com for example) in OE6, it underlines
> and creates a link. But when I try to create a link in IE6, it handles
> it as text and does not create a link. Where is that @#$%$#@ switch
> that allows link creation??

?

"create a link in IE6"? Do you mean create a link as in make a webpage
with a link? You need to write it in HTML, not plain text. As in, if you
want a link to http://www.wxyz.com you would do:
the site http://www.wxyz.com/
--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Chet

Not sure what you mean by creating a link in IE. IE is a browser. If you
are referring to including a link when filling out a form, it is up to the
handling server whether it becomes a link or just so much text.
"Bob S." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> When I type in a link (www.wxyz.com for example) in OE6, it underlines
> and creates a link. But when I try to create a link in IE6, it handles
> it as text and does not create a link. Where is that @#$%$#@ switch
> that allows link creation??
>
> TIA
> Bob S.

Bob S.

(E-Mail Removed) (Bob S.) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> When I type in a link (www.wxyz.com for example) in OE6, it underlines
> and creates a link. But when I try to create a link in IE6, it handles
> it as text and does not create a link. Where is that @#$%$#@ switch
> that allows link creation??
>
> TIA
> Bob S.

That's strange! It did not show underlined or link before I sent the
message, but when I pulled the message up, there it was as a link.
Does that happen in the "send" mode, or did Google convert it?

Bob S.

Bob S.

"Chet" <chartley(nospam)(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<8Gboc.74497$kh4.4208607@attbi_s52>...
> Not sure what you mean by creating a link in IE. IE is a browser. If you
> are referring to including a link when filling out a form, it is up to the
> handling server whether it becomes a link or just so much text.

Perhaps I'm not clear on what a browser does. I thought that a
browser was simply a software interface between my computer and
another computer/server on the web. Under that assumption, while
typing a message to a web site such as Google, I thought that typing a
web address on my computer would result in a blue underlined "link",
and that data would be strictly on my computer until I pressed the
send/submit/post button which would trasmit the data, via the browser,
to the web site I was connected to.

That isn't happening like I thought it would. Under OE, the typed web
address turns blue/underlined immediately. But using IE it happens,
if it happens at all, after the data leaves my computer. Am I to
assume then that I have no control over a typed web address being just
text or it becoming a link?

Bob S.

Firefox and Underlining Joe Firefox 2 03-30-2006 02:22 AM
asp:buttons, access keys, underlining and submit Sarmatia@gmail.com ASP .Net 1 02-22-2006 06:41 PM
FF1.04 underlining urls Wygtya Firefox 3 06-16-2005 11:36 AM
Link underlining... Bob Computer Information 6 05-02-2005 07:01 PM
underlining on websites =?Utf-8?B?a21uZXdidXJu?= Microsoft Certification 2 05-25-2004 05:31 PM

Advertisments