Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Reminder function

Reminder function

Sunny

1) Microsoft Outlook version 2002
At first when i used to click send/rec icon in M.O, i could receive/send my
mails really fast, but now it takes a hell lot of time. I have to keep
clicking it. Then it shows errors. Pls help.

2) I have to return library books on time otherwise i get fined. In order to
avoid that is there a way, when once u turn on your computer it prompts you
on that day. For e.g, I set a date 14/05. So on that day, when i turn my
computer on it that message appears. I know there is such a function in
Microsoft Outlook, but i don't open that program everyday. For your
reference I'm using Windows XP. Pls help

I would appreaciate if someone out there could help.

Thanks.
Sunny

Thor

try downloading and installing SP3 for OfficeXP. Outlook 2002 has a known
bug that causes send/recieve errors when connecting to POP3 mail servers.
SP3 has the bugfix. As for your second question, there are tons of calendar
and appointment programs that can notify you of important times, and dates.
Check downloads.com and search for calendar programs.

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7p1qi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> 1) Microsoft Outlook version 2002
> At first when i used to click send/rec icon in M.O, i could receive/send

my
> mails really fast, but now it takes a hell lot of time. I have to keep
> clicking it. Then it shows errors. Pls help.
>
> 2) I have to return library books on time otherwise i get fined. In order

> avoid that is there a way, when once u turn on your computer it prompts

you
> on that day. For e.g, I set a date 14/05. So on that day, when i turn my
> computer on it that message appears. I know there is such a function in
> Microsoft Outlook, but i don't open that program everyday. For your
> reference I'm using Windows XP. Pls help
>

> I would appreaciate if someone out there could help.
>
> Thanks.
> Sunny

DeMoN LaG

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c7p1qi$(E-Mail Removed):

> 1) Microsoft Outlook version 2002
> At first when i used to click send/rec icon in M.O, i could
> receive/send my mails really fast, but now it takes a hell lot of
> time. I have to keep clicking it. Then it shows errors. Pls help.

What is the error message? Just like I tell customers, "I can't see your
screen or the error message you are receiving."

> 2) I have to return library books on time otherwise i get fined. In
> order to avoid that is there a way, when once u turn on your computer
> it prompts you on that day. For e.g, I set a date 14/05. So on that
> day, when i turn my computer on it that message appears. I know there
> is such a function in Microsoft Outlook, but i don't open that program
> everyday. For your reference I'm using Windows XP. Pls help

There are a number of free calender type programs that do this. Search on
google.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk