Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Slow Computer - Speed it up

Slow Computer - Speed it up

Arthur

i see posts in here about slow computers. theres tons of reasons why a
computer might be slow. could be your virtual memory, your physical RAM, the
amount of programs in your startup, (dont forget the RUN key in the
registry. Use the MSCONFIG program to adjust those), fragmented hard
disk.... Heres a good guide for some things to help fix a slow computer:
http://www.songwave.com/allguides/speedcomp.aspx. Another place you could
check if you dont have a couple bucks to spare is
http://www.eslpc.com/slowcomp.htm

best thing to do is to check the things I mentioned above- make sure you
have anti-virus with the latest updates, because many viruses also slow down
computer systems. Good luck!

Colon Terminus

"Arthur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> i see posts in here about slow computers. theres tons of reasons why a
> computer might be slow. could be your virtual memory, your physical RAM,

the
> amount of programs in your startup, (dont forget the RUN key in the
> registry. Use the MSCONFIG program to adjust those), fragmented hard
> disk.... Heres a good guide for some things to help fix a slow computer:
> http://www.songwave.com/allguides/speedcomp.aspx. Another place you

could
> check if you dont have a couple bucks to spare is
> http://www.eslpc.com/slowcomp.htm
>
> best thing to do is to check the things I mentioned above- make sure you
> have anti-virus with the latest updates, because many viruses also slow

down
> computer systems. Good luck!

Oh boy, you're right about them virus thingies! I had that Norton virus and
my computer was noticeably slower, it was awful. I changed to the eTrust
virus thingie and my computer is a lot faster.

Daniel

Thanks for the tip,

Daniel
Interdesigner Software Development