Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Gain Popup

Gain Popup

mcp6453

I have a computer that had viruses and spyware on it. It is now
completely clean (using EZ Antivirus, Ad-Aware, and Spybot), but I am
still getting a pop for Gain (wants to install a certificate.) How can I
find out where this is coming from?

Thor

That's what gator spyware is calling itself these days. When do you get this
popup? On particular webpages? If so, it's because that webpage is coded to
attempt to install gator spyware.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Thor wrote:

> That's what gator spyware is calling itself these days. When do you get this
> popup? On particular webpages? If so, it's because that webpage is coded to
> attempt to install gator spyware.

After 2 or 3 more reboots, it was gone. Got me.