Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Using WS_ftp to upload a webpage to my ISP?? HOW

Using WS_ftp to upload a webpage to my ISP?? HOW

fredcromer

I d,loaded ws-ftp, and after my 1st attempt at some type of web-page, for my
'free webspace' provided by TISCALI when you sign up....Anyway, I'm new to
computing, so I put a page together using FRONT PAGE, then used ws-ftp to
recognise it as a file i wanted to transfer, but i have no ideas as to how i
tell the WSftp that I want to upload it to Tiscali......Can anybody give me
just a hint as 2 what happens when i've transferred the web-page from source
side( left ) -destination side( right )......Right and Left being the sides
in the main page of the WS_FTP file transfer bit......Anyway, can someone
tell me how to then UPLOAD as the word isn't in the programs HELP
dictionary...for some reason...it uses it enough in advice though....Ah
well...Cheers and All The Best....FRED the FISHERMAN

Pepperoni

WS_FTP is simple to use.

Here's a simple tutorial to walk you through:
http://www.draac.com/wsftp/

First, you set up your information to connect to your web storage space.
WS_ftp will save the info. You will need the host name (for Tiscali), your
username (or ID) and your password. Once the account is set up properly,
the information will be saved and thereafter you merely highlight the files
to be uploaded and click the arrow => to upload. It will be easy, but
first get the account properly set up. Tiscali probably has a web page
showing the proper information (Host name)

"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:409c65cc$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I d,loaded ws-ftp, and after my 1st attempt at some type of web-page, for

my
> 'free webspace' provided by TISCALI when you sign up....Anyway, I'm new to
> computing, so I put a page together using FRONT PAGE, then used ws-ftp to
> recognise it as a file i wanted to transfer, but i have no ideas as to how

> tell the WSftp that I want to upload it to Tiscali......Can anybody give

me
> just a hint as 2 what happens when i've transferred the web-page from

source
> side( left ) -destination side( right )......Right and Left being the

sides
> in the main page of the WS_FTP file transfer bit......Anyway, can someone
> tell me how to then UPLOAD as the word isn't in the programs HELP
> dictionary...for some reason...it uses it enough in advice though....Ah
> well...Cheers and All The Best....FRED the FISHERMAN

Chet

The files in the right window are the files on the remote server. If a file
name appears there it is "uploaded".

If at that point, you aren't able to see your web page with your browser
there might be some confusion over file naming. If the file name you upload
isn't "index.htm" or "index.html" (sometimes "default.html") then you need
to give the file name as part of the URL when you access it.