Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Friend has a laptop. How can he get email and newsgroups on Outlook Express

Friend has a laptop. How can he get email and newsgroups on Outlook Express

Bradley Burton

Can he even use outlook (he goes from place to place with it, such as
school, internet cafes, ect.) for his email?

Thanks

DeMoN LaG

"Bradley Burton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:K5Zmc.48646
$0H1.4604211@attbi_s54:

> Can he even use outlook (he goes from place to place with it, such as
> school, internet cafes, ect.) for his email?

If he can plug it in and get internet access, he should be able to
/receive/ emails fine like normal. Sending emails he wouldn't normally be
able to do. As a lock down precaution against spam, most email servers
automatically reject anything from someone who is outside their domain (as
in, if you are on service b, sending mail through service a's email server,
whether or not you have an account it isn't allowed to send).

News can be a different story. If his news server does RADIUS
authentication (where you connect to your ISP and they authenticate you to
the news service) you /must/ be on your ISPs network. If they give you a
username and password for news service, you should be able to use it
anywhere, from any connection.

Hope this helps.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Chet

That depends, at least in part, on his ISP. My cable-modem ISP provides
specific "hooks" for accessing all of their services from other types of
connection. I have used it from hotel lobbies, cruise ships, etc.
"Bradley Burton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Can he even use outlook (he goes from place to place with it, such as
> school, internet cafes, ect.) for his email?
>
> Thanks

Global_Killa

"Chet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> That depends, at least in part, on his ISP. My cable-modem ISP provides
> specific "hooks" for accessing all of their services from other types of
> connection. I have used it from hotel lobbies, cruise ships, etc.
> "Bradley Burton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > Can he even use outlook (he goes from place to place with it, such as
> > school, internet cafes, ect.) for his email?
> >
> > Thanks

My ISP wont let me recieve any E-mail, or connect to their newsgroup server
without using their connection.

If you are using Hotmail, you can recieve and send E-mail from any location
using Outlook Express =)

--
Global_Killa

http://punkthenation.tk