Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Problem recording cd from live stream

Problem recording cd from live stream

ShantiP1

I'm trying to record a segment from a taped radio show I subscribe to. It
loads and plays fine in Windows Media player; but when I click copy to CD
nothing happens. It also isn't recognizing that I had a disk in the drive.
I have Roxio software, and I thought that maybe I should load that first, but
then Roxio gives me an error message saying that the windows media file might
interfere with my using Roxio. Plus, there doesn't even seem some way to store
that file on my computer and copy from there.
As you can see, I need HELP! LOL

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
June

WebWalker

On 07 May 2004 00:54:55 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (ShantiP1) wrote:

>I'm trying to record a segment from a taped radio show I subscribe to. It
>loads and plays fine in Windows Media player; but when I click copy to CD
>nothing happens. It also isn't recognizing that I had a disk in the drive.
>I have Roxio software, and I thought that maybe I should load that first, but
>then Roxio gives me an error message saying that the windows media file might
>interfere with my using Roxio. Plus, there doesn't even seem some way to store
>that file on my computer and copy from there.
>As you can see, I need HELP! LOL

You need to record the live stream to wave or mp3 file before you can
burn them to CD-R.

--
WebWalker
(E-Mail Removed)

WebWalker

On 07 May 2004 00:54:55 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (ShantiP1) wrote:

>I'm trying to record a segment from a taped radio show I subscribe to. It
>loads and plays fine in Windows Media player; but when I click copy to CD
>nothing happens. It also isn't recognizing that I had a disk in the drive.
>I have Roxio software, and I thought that maybe I should load that first, but
>then Roxio gives me an error message saying that the windows media file might
>interfere with my using Roxio. Plus, there doesn't even seem some way to store
>that file on my computer and copy from there.
>As you can see, I need HELP! LOL

You need to record the live stream to wave or mp3 file before you can
burn them to CD-R.

--
WebWalker
(E-Mail Removed)
PGP Key ID : 0xB3F1A279

ProfGene

You haven't said whether you are trying to create a sound cd or a data cd.
Windows will not record to a sound cd due to copyright restrictions. You
would have to get wave editing software and run the streaming sound into it.
You will not get cd quality sound from streaming sound as it is not
broadcast at a sample rate of cd quality. Another alternative would be to
run it into a tape deck directly and you will have an audio cassette. To do
that you would need a patch cord with an eight inch stereo at the audio out
of the soundcard going into two RCA plugs for the input of the tape deck.
To capture the streaming audio you would need a program like Cooledit Pro
and run a stereo patchcord from the audio out to the audio in of the sound
card and have a stereo splitter in the out so you can monitor it while you
record with the speaker wires going into the free female outlet of the
stereo splitter.
"ShantiP1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to record a segment from a taped radio show I subscribe to. It
> loads and plays fine in Windows Media player; but when I click copy to CD
> nothing happens. It also isn't recognizing that I had a disk in the drive.
> I have Roxio software, and I thought that maybe I should load that first,

but
> then Roxio gives me an error message saying that the windows media file

might
> interfere with my using Roxio. Plus, there doesn't even seem some way to

store
> that file on my computer and copy from there.
> As you can see, I need HELP! LOL
>
> Thanks for any and all suggestions!
> June

Ardent

On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:19:33 -0500, "ProfGene" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>You
>would have to get wave editing software and run the streaming sound into it.
>You will not get cd quality sound from streaming sound as it is not
>broadcast at a sample rate of cd quality.

http://www.stepvoice.com/

Step Voice Recorder will record what is played using the sound card -
either as a wav file or MP3 - you can control the quality too.

HTH

--
Sandy Archer
Reply to newsgroups only

Recording live video stream from IP camera issue Sam Berry Python 10 02-18-2013 01:03 PM
recording massive data stream Lorn C++ 4 06-24-2005 11:02 AM
Recording a Real Audio stream Trent C Computer Support 1 02-28-2004 07:48 AM
Recording live video streams Len Computer Support 6 02-16-2004 06:22 AM
Recording stream files DaveK Computer Support 2 10-10-2003 12:10 PM

Advertisments