Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Format C:

Format C:

Pepperoni

"Meryl Vowles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody tell me how I could format C:

Check your help files term "format"

For Win98 systems:

To format a disk on which Windows 98 is installed

Click Start, click Shut Down, click Restart, and then click OK.

Press and hold the CTRL key until the Microsoft Windows 98 Startup Menu
appears.

Select Command prompt only and press ENTER.

At the C:\ prompt, type format c: and press ENTER.

Follow the instructions on your screen.

Caution
Formatting a disk removes all information from the disk. Your computer may
not function if you format the disk (usually the C: drive) on which Windows
98 is installed.

Global_Killa

Depends what OS (Operating System) you are running. If you are running
Windows 98, read the post from Pepperoni.

If you are running Windows ME, you need to create a start up disk. Go into
Control Panel and double click Add/Remove Programs. Click on the Startup
Disk tab, and click Create Disk.

Once the disk has been created, then restart your machine, making sure that
you leave the disk in. When your computer boots, a menu will be displayed.
Select Minimum Boot.

When your at the command prompt, type: format c:

Hit return, and press Y to confirm that you want to format.

Warning:
Everything on drive C: will be deleted, this will include your OS and any
files that you have. Make sure that you have a backup of everything that you
want to keep. And a setup disk for the OS if you plan to reinstall it.

Wait for the format process to complete, then everything is done.

If your running Windows XP, the only way I have found to format is to have
the Startup Disk created under WinME.
If anyone knows how to format XP another way, please let me know (without
the use of the Windows XP installation CD).

Hope this helped,

--
Global_Killa

http://punkthenation.tk

"Meryl Vowles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody tell me how I could format C:

Wizard

a:>format c:

Meryl Vowles wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how I could format C:

bmoag

If you have to ask you need to read a bit more about what "format" means . .
..

Meryl Vowles

Can anybody tell me how I could format C:

HF

They are right but to be more help I suggest you look at
www.computerhope.com and www.probz.com
Did you realise that there are websites such as www.whatis.com and
www.askjeeves.com
"Meryl Vowles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anybody tell me how I could format C:

---