Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Monitor settings for Pack.Bell, can't find the right monitor anyway

Monitor settings for Pack.Bell, can't find the right monitor anyway

fredcromer

HEAR ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!! I have an old PACKARD BELL 1015 monitor (14"),
when i bought this computer and monitor 3 month ago, i'm pretty sure it had
the right default drivers for the P,B 1015, I somewhere along the line
changed the display, and cannot find the 1015 in the list of monitors you
can 'change to' in display properties..It's 800x600 and ever since the
change i've had the screen go slighytly slanted...that BUGS me to ####, and
the screen seems to move a few millimetres depending on which program i'm
running.....When i go to DISPLAY,advanced,monitors,change, and try to find
the Pack,Bell 1015 or even one similar (BTW it's a 14"),the monitor..I
checked the Hewlett Packard list too, but every time I choose a new default
monitor, I can't find the original one I HAD AT FIRST.....it must be there,
I know if i find it cos in the system tray ,when you left,click..the list of
pixel types and 16,24,32 bit and X x Y (pixel display) was longer than the
vertical screen.......COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIND THE PACKARD BELL 1015
drivers, and also why does my screen keep changing position (only a cm),
here or there ??????...ALL THE BEST, GOD BLESS..............FRED

---

Jerry G.

I know this monitor. It is not a very good one for serious computing.

What I would do for this monitor to see if it will work, go to the
properties for My Computer, Hardware Manager, and search in the list for the
monitor. Delete the monitor from the list. When you press Okay, it will
prompt you to reset the machine. After the reboot, it should tell you that
it found new hardware. You should be able to select the monitor from the
list. If the monitor is a Plug & Play and is in the Windows list, Windows
should normally find and install it. It will prompt you for the okay.

If the monitor still does not work properly, more than likely it is
defective, or the display card has problems. You will then have to try
another monitor to verify the fault.

Considering all things, you should really try to find a better monitor!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com