Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > HELP ME PLEASE!

HELP ME PLEASE!

Adam

Hi, I just got Zone Alarm 4.5 for Xp Home. Every so often it comes up and
says that "the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer
(netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It means
my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
trying to access my machine. What should I do?

Dobbyj89

Nothing. Zone Alarm has just protected you successfully and wants you to
know. If this gets annyoing turn Alert Events off by going to Alerts &
Logs -> Alert Events Shown and Click off.

"Adam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XcPlc.2959$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I just got Zone Alarm 4.5 for Xp Home. Every so often it comes up and
> says that "the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer
> (netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It

means
> my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
> trying to access my machine. What should I do?

HonestJohn

"Adam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XcPlc.2959$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I just got Zone Alarm 4.5 for Xp Home. Every so often it comes up and
> says that "the firewall has blocked internet access to your computer
> (netBIOS Name) from -IP ADDRESS- (UDP Port ****) What should I do? It

means
> my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
> trying to access my machine. What should I do?

It gets a bit tedious after a while so most users tend to switch the alert
off.

Many of them may be innocent attempts by web sites that you visited
briefly, to finishing downloading incomplete pages. Nevertheless many others
will be attempts to gain access to your PC, seeking passwords and personal
information.

The vast majority of attacks are generated automatically by programs that
trawl endless trough web addresses, looking for vulnerable computers. Even
if they find one itís unlikely they will find much of interest.

As more people use firewall software it is getting harder for these idiots
to do significant damage.

DeMoN LaG

"Adam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:XcPlc.2959$7R6.2669
@doctor.cableinet.net:

> What should I do? It means
> my firewall is working but I find it alarming that People are constantly
> trying to access my machine. What should I do?

Do nothing. Zone Alarm blocked it, so you were safe. Unless you see the
same remote machine repeatedly over the course of hours or days trying to
break into your machine, then ignore it entirely.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk