Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Frontpage 2002 Question

Frontpage 2002 Question

Ken Lamb

Greetings,
I need to make a template that will have the buttons on the left, content in
the center and a column on the right for links.
I have tried many times and every time I add a link the content in the
center moves.
I end up with large spaces in my content when I
add a link.
Any suggestions?
TIA
Ken
Here is a look
http://www.pipeshowsusa.com

---

Pepperoni

Perhaps you could set a narrow table on the left side to prevent the gaps in
your event schedules. Single column, and enough rows for all your events.
You can add/remove rows when you update the events list.

You just go to the "Insert Table" button, highlight the single column. (4x1
table), drag the right margin back to a manageable width, and <right click
the table>/ "insert row until you have the necessary length for all your
events.

You may find it easier to make a two (or three) column table, with larger
cells on the right for your links. The left side would merely have more
divisions for the events. (The two <or three> columns can have different
sizes and number of rows)

Once you develop something workable, do a save for a template. (will save
repeating your effort). The color and size of the border is easily
configured, and you can manipulate cell size and number easily. Drag the
frame and add/remove cells.

"Ken Lamb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings,
> I need to make a template that will have the buttons on the left, content

in
> the center and a column on the right for links.
> I have tried many times and every time I add a link the content in the
> center moves.
> I end up with large spaces in my content when I
> add a link.
> Any suggestions?
> TIA
> Ken
> Here is a look
> http://www.pipeshowsusa.com
>

> ---

Ken Lamb

Thank you I will give this a try.
Ken
"Pepperoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c792d9$181et$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Perhaps you could set a narrow table on the left side to prevent the gaps

in
> your event schedules. Single column, and enough rows for all your events.
> You can add/remove rows when you update the events list.
>
> You just go to the "Insert Table" button, highlight the single column.

(4x1
> table), drag the right margin back to a manageable width, and <right click
> the table>/ "insert row until you have the necessary length for all your
> events.
>
> You may find it easier to make a two (or three) column table, with larger
> cells on the right for your links. The left side would merely have more
> divisions for the events. (The two <or three> columns can have different
> sizes and number of rows)
>
> Once you develop something workable, do a save for a template. (will save
> repeating your effort). The color and size of the border is easily
> configured, and you can manipulate cell size and number easily. Drag the
> frame and add/remove cells.
>

> "Ken Lamb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Greetings,
> > I need to make a template that will have the buttons on the left,

content
> in
> > the center and a column on the right for links.
> > I have tried many times and every time I add a link the content in the
> > center moves.
> > I end up with large spaces in my content when I
> > add a link.
> > Any suggestions?
> > TIA
> > Ken
> > Here is a look
> > http://www.pipeshowsusa.com
> >

> > ---

FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions Problem. Alessandro Windows 64bit 1 09-01-2007 12:26 AM
Frontpage Server Extensions 2002 on Server 20003 x64 Adam Clauss Windows 64bit 2 11-18-2005 03:33 AM
office xp 2002 with frontpage robert Computer Support 2 05-16-2004 07:46 PM
FrontPage 2002 peter Computer Support 1 04-01-2004 04:28 PM
Visual Interdev 6.0 and Frontpage Extensions 2002 charlie ASP General 0 10-22-2003 03:57 AM

Advertisments