Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > ie6 or mozilla? which should i use?

ie6 or mozilla? which should i use?

milo

i really hate using ie6 latley, it just seems sooo slow viewing
websites that i visit every and have been trying out mozilla
i do like the idea of tabed browsing, but i notice alot of the plugins u
have in ie6 is not in mozilla,
what do u guys use, is mozilla better than ie6?

milo

Plato

milo wrote:

> i really hate using ie6 latley, it just seems sooo slow viewing
> websites that i visit every and have been trying out mozilla

Hard to believe, but many webmasters assume that the entire world has
broadband or they never view their pages fresh outside of their office
servers.

My wife does a page for work and she said it loads in a second. Well
yeah, she's viewing it from the work server. It's friggen 750 K just for
home. Stupid thing is, she has
large scanned images on it resized with the "width" "height" tags so you
have to download 75 K for a postage sized .gif.

Women... Sheesh, she says it's a problem with our home PCs. As most of
you know tho, it'
best if your married to just agree [grin]

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Tiger Hawk

milo wrote:
> i really hate using ie6 latley, it just seems sooo slow viewing
> websites that i visit every and have been trying out mozilla
> i do like the idea of tabed browsing, but i notice alot of the plugins u
> have in ie6 is not in mozilla,
> what do u guys use, is mozilla better than ie6?
>
> milo

I use Mozilla on my main PC and Mzilla Firefox on my personal PC. I like
them both. I stopped using IE with ver 5.something . I don't know if it
will view quicker, but if you do switch to Mozilla you should have
minimal trouble. I did at least.

DeMoN LaG

"milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1083644346.50486
@www.shoal.net.au:

> i do like the idea of tabed browsing, but i notice alot of the plugins u
> have in ie6 is not in mozilla,
> what do u guys use, is mozilla better than ie6?

A) Use Mozilla Firefox instead. Mozilla itself (the application suite) is
really not that great. Firefox rocks though.

B) Check out plugindoc.mozdev.org for your plugins. There isn't really
much that IE has that you would want. If you really are daring, there is
even an ActiveX plugin that you can use to use IE plugins.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

msi

mozilla, yer best using firefox which is mozilla www only, no email etc. it
is better in some cases. tabbed browsing and loads web pages fastewr.
sometimes it does have issues showing pages and they would work fine in IE.

"milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i really hate using ie6 latley, it just seems sooo slow viewing
> websites that i visit every and have been trying out mozilla
> i do like the idea of tabed browsing, but i notice alot of the plugins u
> have in ie6 is not in mozilla,
> what do u guys use, is mozilla better than ie6?
>
> milo

Plato

DeMoN LaG wrote:

> A) Use Mozilla Firefox instead. Mozilla itself (the application suite) is
> really not that great. Firefox rocks though.

I do like Firefox. I also like:
http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

DeMoN LaG

Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:40989d3d$0$44454$(E-Mail Removed):

> I do like Firefox. I also like:
> http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

I equate MyIE2 to laying down most of Firefox's features ontop of the IE
rendering engine. If you are happy with how IE performs for you, and you
are using a platform that IE is supported on (used to be mac and win, now
basically just Windows), MyIE2 fills in a lot of IEs missing features.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Thor

"DeMoN LaG" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:40989d3d$0$44454$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I do like Firefox. I also like:
> > http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

> I equate MyIE2 to laying down most of Firefox's features ontop of the IE
> rendering engine.

It has a hell of alot more features and much better usability than Firefox,
IMHO.

DeMoN LaG

"Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> It has a hell of alot more features and much better usability than
> Firefox, IMHO.

I based what I say off of their webpage. The only things they have listed
that are not natively done in Firefox is mouse gestures and an "external
utility bar".

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk
email: (E-Mail Removed)

> "Thor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > It has a hell of alot more features and much better usability than
> > Firefox, IMHO.

> I based what I say off of their webpage. The only things they have listed
> that are not natively done in Firefox is mouse gestures and an "external
> utility bar".

Give it a try sometime It doesn't overwrite or change anything in your IE,
so it's safe. You'll see just how much more intuitive the interface is
compared to Firefox. Many features and nice touches that make MyIE2 great
aren't trumpeted on the webpage. You just have much more control over the
UI, menus, what info is displayed on the status bar, than you get in
Firefox. You can taylor it so much more to your liking. Then things like the
utility bar add some very nice features as well. I've tried Firefox. I even
still have it installed and fire it up every now and then just to compare.
Try MyIE2. See what you think.