Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Just want to write a title in HTML??

Just want to write a title in HTML??

fredcromer

When i signed up with TISCALI, you get a free webspace.....anyway, I
activated it,gave it a name,...now I have to create a page(or 2,3), and
UPLOAD it to Tiscali..........What I want to do is just be able to display a
title for the page, could anyone explain how i would go about doin' this,
say..called "BILL", then tiscali would allow me to upload it and I can work
on it from there......WHICH APP SHOULD I USE, and what should i select to
type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C

---

John

On Mon, 3 May 2004 13:47:09 +0100, "fredcromer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When i signed up with TISCALI, you get a free webspace.....anyway, I
>activated it,gave it a name,...now I have to create a page(or 2,3), and
>UPLOAD it to Tiscali..........What I want to do is just be able to display a
>title for the page, could anyone explain how i would go about doin' this,
>say..called "BILL", then tiscali would allow me to upload it and I can work
>on it from there......WHICH APP SHOULD I USE, and what should i select to
>type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
>Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C

In Dreamweaver you just type in the part that says Title.

In FrontPage you can go to Format, Background, General and then put
the title of the page there.

If you're working with just the code you put it between the
<Title>This is the title of my html page </Title> tags.

HTH

John

Chet

To create simple HTML you don't need a special app. Just a text editor.
Even if you decide to buy a program to create your page, some basic HTML
knowledge is a plus. I suggest "A Beginners Guide to HTML" located at
http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General...TMLPrimer.html

"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40963f75$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When i signed up with TISCALI, you get a free webspace.....anyway, I
> activated it,gave it a name,...now I have to create a page(or 2,3), and
> UPLOAD it to Tiscali..........What I want to do is just be able to display

> title for the page, could anyone explain how i would go about doin' this,
> say..called "BILL", then tiscali would allow me to upload it and I can

work
> on it from there......WHICH APP SHOULD I USE, and what should i select to
> type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
> Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C
>

> ---

Pepperoni

I just emailed you a plain HTML page called "BILL". rename to "index.html"
to use as your main page. If you would like me to write a more complete
page; upload your music and photos first, and send their names as well as
your web address. I can put it together in minutes from there. Also
willing to talk you through Front Page (if you upload the files first).

You can preview what I sent merely by dragging it into IE.

If you need help, send an IM name/number by email for communication. (ICQ,
MSN, AOLIM, Yahoo)

Pepperoni
<<wonderin' why Fred wants a page called "BILL">>>

"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40963f75$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When i signed up with TISCALI, you get a free webspace.....anyway, I
> activated it,gave it a name,...now I have to create a page(or 2,3), and
> UPLOAD it to Tiscali..........What I want to do is just be able to display

> title for the page, could anyone explain how i would go about doin' this,
> say..called "BILL", then tiscali would allow me to upload it and I can

work
> on it from there......WHICH APP SHOULD I USE, and what should i select to
> type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
> Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C
>

> ---

DeMoN LaG

"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:40963f75$(E-Mail Removed):

> When i signed up with TISCALI, you get a free webspace.....anyway, I
> activated it,gave it a name,...now I have to create a page(or 2,3),
> and UPLOAD it to Tiscali..........What I want to do is just be able to
> display a title for the page, could anyone explain how i would go
> about doin' this, say..called "BILL", then tiscali would allow me to
> upload it and I can work on it from there......WHICH APP SHOULD I USE,
> and what should i select to type in ..say,..."BILL"?????
> Cheers and ALL the Best......FRED C

This is a simple page that has the word "Hi" and a title of BILL:

<head>
<title>BILL</title>
</head>

Hi

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

len gardener

g'dau demon,

just thought i'd read this post for curiosity, i have my own web page
already.

just that i noted there is no <p>preceding the Hi and no </p>after it,
is using these codes no longer necessary in html? just curious as i
don't use a page generator.

tia

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

DeMoN LaG

len gardener <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> just that i noted there is no <p>preceding the Hi and no </p>after it,
> is using these codes no longer necessary in html? just curious as i
> don't use a page generator.

"necessary". Since <body> is also a block level element, and I didn't want
any formatting or style, leaving out a <p> is acceptable. You'll notice
the HTML also doesn't contain any doctype declaration or character
encoding. Those are also required items.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

len gardener