Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > reinstalling xp help needed

reinstalling xp help needed

milo

i wanted to reinstall windows xp home on my packard bell
i media , it has a packard bell recovery disk and thats it
when i bought the computer i backed up the pc with 3 cdrs.
now , when i tried to reinstall xp with the floppy it got so far and asked
for a
master cd 1 which i assumed was the back up
but it came up with an error message this master cd does not match with
your computer
configuration.

what does all that mean?

thanks

milo

Duane Arnold

"milo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> i wanted to reinstall windows xp home on my packard bell
> i media , it has a packard bell recovery disk and thats it
> when i bought the computer i backed up the pc with 3 cdrs.
> now , when i tried to reinstall xp with the floppy it got so far and
> asked for a
> master cd 1 which i assumed was the back up
> but it came up with an error message this master cd does not match
> with your computer
> configuration.
>
> what does all that mean?
>
> thanks
>
> milo

When I first got by Compac laptop a couple of years ago, it had the ME
O/S already installed on it. It also had some kind of recovery disk that
had the ME O/S install on it, which I used to reinstall the entire ME O/S
when I formatted the HD.

Maybe, you need to use that CD that came with the system that should
allow you to reinstall XP.

Do you think that a machine that had the O/S preinstalled is not going to
give you a way to reinstall the O/S, if need be?

Maybe, you should make contact with the manufacture of the machine on how
to reinstall the O/S on the machine.

Duane