Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > My CD-Rom Drive renamed itself

My CD-Rom Drive renamed itself

CGott

My cd-rom drive is normally E, but all of the sudden in "my computer"
I have an E and an F drive. If I click on the E it says that a device
connected to this drive is not functioning properly. Any disc in the
physical drive shows up on drive F but even this drive will not
respond if I try to run a program from it.

Geo h

Time for System Restore.

Or go Back

http://community-2.webtv.net/GEOH/FKEYS/
http://community.webtv.net/Geo_H/DougsDoodles

Brandy

Try checking the cables, maybe swap them if you can, that just happened to
me with my floppy. I replaced the cable and it was good to go.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...