Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Nero 5.5.10.28

Nero 5.5.10.28

DAT

I've been using this program for writing DVD's. However, it's stopped
recognising my writer (OPTERITE DD0201) and will only allow me to write to
an image. I've tried to configure it with no luck. It's accepted this
writer before. Can anyone help please?

DAT

S.Heenan

DAT wrote:
> I've been using this program for writing DVD's. However, it's stopped
> recognising my writer (OPTERITE DD0201) and will only allow me to
> write to an image. I've tried to configure it with no luck. It's
> accepted this writer before. Can anyone help please?

You should be able to upgrade to a new version of Nero at little or no cost.
The model you mention is not on their list of supported recorders.
http://www.nero.com/us/6320120381421...toRite&lang=en

David Wells

On Sat, 01 May 2004 17:01:35 GMT, "S.Heenan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>DAT wrote:
>> I've been using this program for writing DVD's. However, it's stopped
>> recognising my writer (OPTERITE DD0201) and will only allow me to
>> write to an image. I've tried to configure it with no luck. It's
>> accepted this writer before. Can anyone help please?

>You should be able to upgrade to a new version of Nero at little or no cost.
>The model you mention is not on their list of supported recorders.
>http://www.nero.com/us/6320120381421...toRite&lang=en

Can some tell me with Nero I am wondering I have 2 imagine recorders

1 is show as Image recorder DVD and the other as Image cd-r/rw plus it
list my 2 drives fine.

What is the Image recorder used for please.

S.Heenan

David Wells wrote:
> Can some tell me with Nero I am wondering I have 2 imagine recorders
>
> 1 is show as Image recorder DVD and the other as Image cd-r/rw plus it
> list my 2 drives fine.
>
> What is the Image recorder used for please.

The Image Recorder is used to mount virtual volumes, such as an ISO 9660
image aka ISO. You can execute and browse when mounted without first burning
them to media. It's a feature many users will not use often, if at all.
Still, it's nice to have.

Thor

"S.Heenan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> David Wells wrote:
> > Can some tell me with Nero I am wondering I have 2 imagine recorders
> >
> > 1 is show as Image recorder DVD and the other as Image cd-r/rw plus it
> > list my 2 drives fine.
> >
> > What is the Image recorder used for please.

> The Image Recorder is used to mount virtual volumes, such as an ISO 9660
> image aka ISO. You can execute and browse when mounted without first

burning
> them to media. It's a feature many users will not use often, if at all.
> Still, it's nice to have.

You're thinking of ImageDrive. Image Recorder is just what it infers. It's
for writing CD, and DVD image files to the harddrive, for later burning, or
mounting as a drive letter by ImageDrive.