Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Kazaa Uninstallation problem

Kazaa Uninstallation problem

Sunny

I have the following problems:

1) I can't uninstall Kazaa. When I try removing the software in the control
panel, it says that I have to close the program. After doing it, it still
asks me to close the program. What shall I do? Is there any other way to
uninstall it

2) When I try to open my IE to surf, alot of different websites open up and
popups appear. How do I avoid that?

3) I download alot of stuff from the website, but while doing it my computer
catches alot of virus. Is there a way where I could download alot of stuff
and at the same time prevent from getting virus. Alternatively, could I keep
two hard disk - One for download purposes and another as a permanent space
(where all my important files are there) unless ofcourse if u have any other
suggestion.

I would appreciate if someone out there could help me.

Thanks.
Sunny

DeMoN LaG

"Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c6vsl3$(E-Mail Removed):

> 1) I can't uninstall Kazaa. When I try removing the software in the
> control panel, it says that I have to close the program. After doing
> it, it still asks me to close the program. What shall I do? Is there
> any other way to uninstall it

Open up your Task Manager (control + alt + del) and make sure that Kazaa
is not running. Also make sure none of it's spyware components are
running

> 2) When I try to open my IE to surf, alot of different websites open
> up and popups appear. How do I avoid that?

Run Spybot: Search and Destroy to remove the spyware and adware on your
machine

> 3) I download alot of stuff from the website, but while doing it my
> computer catches alot of virus. Is there a way where I could download
> alot of stuff and at the same time prevent from getting virus.
> Alternatively, could I keep two hard disk - One for download purposes
> and another as a permanent space (where all my important files are
> there) unless ofcourse if u have any other suggestion.

This will not work, viruses don't care what drive they get run from. Get
a decent AV program like Norton, keep it up to date, and stop downloading
porn and/or pirated software and music and you won't have any problems.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

cablenetguy@invalid.com

On Sat, 1 May 2004 18:03:13 +0800, "Sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)>
spewed forth:

>I have the following problems:
>
>1) I can't uninstall Kazaa. When I try removing the software in the control
>panel, it says that I have to close the program. After doing it, it still
>asks me to close the program. What shall I do? Is there any other way to
>uninstall it
>
>2) When I try to open my IE to surf, alot of different websites open up and
>popups appear. How do I avoid that?
>
>3) I download alot of stuff from the website, but while doing it my computer
>catches alot of virus. Is there a way where I could download alot of stuff
>and at the same time prevent from getting virus. Alternatively, could I keep
>two hard disk - One for download purposes and another as a permanent space
>(where all my important files are there) unless ofcourse if u have any other
>suggestion.
>
>I would appreciate if someone out there could help me.
>
>Thanks.
>Sunny

I would suggest starting up your PC in safe mode by selecting F8
during windows boot up. This will bypass any startup files running in
the background and should allow you to uninstall Kazaa.
I would also suggest updating your anti-virus as well as downloading
and running Ad-aware or Spybot Search and Destroy to rid yourself of
all of the Malware/Spyware spurned from installing Kazaa.
Your pop-ups are likely a result from installing this spyware, so in
the future I would suggest staying away from Kazaa, E Donkey, Gator,
Bonzi buddy, Etc.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.security.kolla.de
--
Mark

Otherwise known as
Cablenetguy

Vanessa S.

Do a Google search using the words "uninstall kazaa" and you'll come up with
tons of stuff. I downloaded an uninstaller a while back and it took care of
my son's machine..

--
Vanessa

news:c6vsl3$(E-Mail Removed)...