Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > back up outlook express folders?

back up outlook express folders?

Wib

how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there are some
important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to re-install.

--
Steve.P

HF

Simplest way is to save the ones you want into a folder on the Desktop or
whereever - open it and drag them on to a floppy(floppies) or a cdr if you
have a writer
"Wib lineone.net>" <wib_1@<nospam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there are some
> important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to re-install.
>
> --
> Steve.P

---

cablenetguy@invalid.com

On Sat, 1 May 2004 10:20:09 +0100, "Wib" <wib_1@<nospam>lineone.net>
spewed forth:

>how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there are some
>important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to re-install.

Here's what I do. My wife uses OE on a shared machine and I save the
Store location to a secondary partition and then backup from there.
This way, if your OS is on the C: drive and it gets waxed your mail is
intact. I keep the address book, mail settings and folders there also.
You can initially copy your store folder from its default location to
another partition or backup media.
--
Mark

Otherwise known as
------------
Cablenetguy

Thor

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sat, 1 May 2004 10:20:09 +0100, "Wib" <wib_1@<nospam>lineone.net>
> spewed forth:
>
> >how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there are

some
> >important emails i want to keep before i format my hd prior to

re-install.

> Here's what I do. My wife uses OE on a shared machine and I save the
> Store location to a secondary partition and then backup from there.
> This way, if your OS is on the C: drive and it gets waxed your mail is
> intact. I keep the address book, mail settings and folders there also.
> You can initially copy your store folder from its default location to
> another partition or backup media.

Just an FYI, even if the OS "gets waxed", the OE store folder isn't
necessarily in any danger unless the windows folder is somehow wiped out (in
the case of Win9x) or the documents and settings folder gets damaged or
wiped out (in the case of Win2K/WinXP). Moving it to another partition is
not really any safer. I've retrieved customer's OE email storage folder from
countless machines where the installed OS was completely unusable.

bambam

"Wib" <wib_1@<nospam>lineone.net> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> how do i back up all outlook express folders, ie inbox etc, there
> are some important emails i want to keep before i format my hd
> prior to re-install.

Have a look at this program-

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have
their shoes.