Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > CD-RW questions

CD-RW questions

Nikki

When I play a cd on my computer it makes a running sound as each new track
starts up. Is this normal? I don't remember it making that sound when I
first bought the computer a few months back.

I also noticed when I went to play one of my cds it would not play at all
and the drive said it was empty. The cd is brand new so it isn't damaged.
All the other cds I tried play fine so is there a reason why this particular
cd won't play?

AdamC

"Nikki" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I play a cd on my computer it makes a running sound as each new track
> starts up. Is this normal? I don't remember it making that sound when I
> first bought the computer a few months back.
>
> I also noticed when I went to play one of my cds it would not play at all
> and the drive said it was empty. The cd is brand new so it isn't damaged.
> All the other cds I tried play fine so is there a reason why this

particular
> cd won't play?

As for the brand new cd I can answer. I'm guessing it's a music cd of some
sorts. Well most record companies are putting copyright protection software
on the disc's so they won't work when you put them in your
computer...period. That's a new way of stopping piracy, pretty shitty isn't
it?

They thought this was all great and everything but sometimes new cd's won't
play on older stand alone cd players because of this copyright protection.
So when you buy a cd you don't know if it's going to work or not. Companies
that do this aren't allowed to call them cd's anymore because of this.

Shitty...most definitely

Adam