Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Mode4 changed to UDMA33 in STARTUP why??

Mode4 changed to UDMA33 in STARTUP why??

fredcromer

I've only had a computer 2 month, so I shouldn't be messing around in the
REGEDIT, but like a divvy, I have...I changed some Internet settings that I
couldn't change back.ANYWAY, during START UP: The screen used to read..
Primary Master Disk: LBA Mode4, 4311 MB
Pri Slave CD ROM Mode 4
Sec Mast Disk: LBA Mode4, 3200 MB
Sec Slave: None
............NOW the Mode4 has changed to 'UDMA33'...does anyone out there
know what's happened, as it's buggin' me, Obviously it's summat I've done
wrong, probably in REGEDIT..hope you can tell me what i've changed?, ...All
The Best...FRED C

---

DeMoN LaG

"fredcromer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:408de7b1$(E-Mail Removed):

> ...........NOW the Mode4 has changed to 'UDMA33'...does anyone out
> there know what's happened, as it's buggin' me, Obviously it's summat
> I've done wrong, probably in REGEDIT..hope you can tell me what i've
> changed?, ...All The Best...FRED C

That's not a bad thing. Mode 4 means it is operating in PIO mode 4, which
limits its transfer speed to 16.6MB/sec and it takes a bit of CPU time to
read information. UDMA33 (which is a misnomer, it is either ATA33 or UDMA
mode 2, both mean the same), uses less CPU time and can transfer at
33MB/sec.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk