Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > network cable unplugged problem

network cable unplugged problem

CTB

Hello
I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the network
cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with a crossover
cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea what the problem is.
I've tried shutting down all firewall and antivirus software, but it makes
no difference..
Any ideas??

Thanks
Ted

DeMoN LaG

"CTB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:408d5e5f$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the
> network cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with
> a crossover cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea
> what the problem is. I've tried shutting down all firewall and
> antivirus software, but it makes

Are you sure it is a crossover cable?

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Thor

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> "CTB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:408d5e5f$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the
> > network cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with
> > a crossover cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea
> > what the problem is. I've tried shutting down all firewall and
> > antivirus software, but it makes
> >

> Are you sure it is a crossover cable?
>
> --
> website: http://www.demonlag.com
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Or a *functional* crossover cable?

CTB

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> > "CTB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:408d5e5f$(E-Mail Removed):
> >
> > > I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the
> > > network cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with
> > > a crossover cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea
> > > what the problem is. I've tried shutting down all firewall and
> > > antivirus software, but it makes
> > >

> > Are you sure it is a crossover cable?
> >
> > --
> > website: http://www.demonlag.com
> > AIM: FrznFoodClerk

> Or a *functional* crossover cable?

I have five cables. Three are normal, two are crossover (as far as I know..
Are there other cables types of cables I may have?) I have tried all five,
none of them work. I have inspected the connections - there are definitely
three of one type, and two of the other.. I am assuming that one type is
normal and the other crossover. Am I correct to assume this? Thanks for
the help.

Ted

CTB

> > > "CTB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

news:408d5e5f$(E-Mail Removed):

with

> > > Are you sure it is a crossover cable?
> > >
> > > --
> > > website: http://www.demonlag.com
> > > AIM: FrznFoodClerk

> > Or a *functional* crossover cable?
> >

> I have five cables. Three are normal, two are crossover (as far as I

know..
> Are there other cables types of cables I may have?) I have tried all

five,
> none of them work. I have inspected the connections - there are

definitely
> three of one type, and two of the other.. I am assuming that one type is
> normal and the other crossover. Am I correct to assume this? Thanks for
> the help.
>
> Ted

If there is a problem with one of the computers, will the same 'network
cable unplugged' message come up on both?

Camel Toe

bad cable?? test it out or try a new one...

"CTB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:408d5e5f$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
> I am trying to connect two computers, but both keep showing that the

network
> cable is unplugged. I am trying to connect them directly with a crossover
> cable. I have not done this before, so I have no idea what the problem

is.
> I've tried shutting down all firewall and antivirus software, but it makes
> no difference..
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks
> Ted

DeMoN LaG

"CTB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> If there is a problem with one of the computers, will the same 'network
> cable unplugged' message come up on both?

Yes, but if you see "network cable unplugged" it generally means that the
network card is functioning fine and it is the cable.