Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > How to enable the Task Manager

How to enable the Task Manager

Fred J

Lately I have problem to open the Task Manager, when I click
Ctrl+Alt+Delete I get a message "Task Manager has been
disabled by your administrator", how do I fix this problem'
and enable the task Manager? fred J
OS is Wind XP Pro.

Duane Arnold

"Fred J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsRBic.91993$HF5.1580446
@wagner.videotron.net:

> Lately I have problem to open the Task Manager, when I click
> Ctrl+Alt+Delete I get a message "Task Manager has been
> disabled by your administrator", how do I fix this problem'
> and enable the task Manager? fred J
> OS is Wind XP Pro.

"Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

You can take that and enter it into your friend the Google search engine
and you'll get plenty of hits.

And if you didn't do it, then what did do it? Maybe it's a prelude to some
kind of malware that has compromised your machine.

Your friend Google will also give you information on how to secure the XP
O/S from attack. If the O/S is not secure, especially true for a machine
that is directly connected to the Internet without a NAT router or FW
appliance sitting in front of it, then nothing on the machine is secure.

The protection start with the O/S and everything else is secondary to it.

http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

Duane