Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Worth it to switch cards for direct DVI-D connection?

Worth it to switch cards for direct DVI-D connection?

John H. Power

I just purchased a new 19 inch monitor. It comes with a DVI-D cable
and an analog cable. My current graphics card in my main machine has
a DVI-I connector and so I am using a DVI-I to VGA adapter to run
this monitor. I have a second VGA monitor on the VGA connector.
However, I do have a graphics card of equal quality in another machine
that has a DVI-D connector. If I switch graphics cards am I going to
see a noticeable difference? If not, then I won't bother with the
switch.

I am running XP home on a fast computer. The monitor is a Xerox TFT
LCD XG-90D

Thanks