Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Networking win/linux

Networking win/linux

Peter C Digby

Wonder if its possible to network a Linux box to a win box ?
Anyone tried this or is it too complex? I was thinking of Printer/File
sharing (Excel and Word files)
And the ability to share a broadband inet connection (BT)

Thanks:

OnSite

You need more experience with Linux, to complete your task. Linux powers
more of the Internet than you realize, networking is one of it's greatest
features. Samba knowledge is paramount. I use a tool, www.webmin.com, that
helps me quickly configure my Linux boxes.

"Peter C Digby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6aec3$jcq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wonder if its possible to network a Linux box to a win box ?
> Anyone tried this or is it too complex? I was thinking of Printer/File
> sharing (Excel and Word files)
> And the ability to share a broadband inet connection (BT)
>
> Thanks:

Plato

OnSite wrote:

> You need more experience with Linux, to complete your task. Linux powers
> more of the Internet than you realize, networking is one of it's greatest

Even more than that. It also runs about a jillion servers in the gloomy
backrooms of many medium/large corporations even tho the workstations
are of course, windows. Heck, after dealing with BSODs all day at folks
desks one does need some relaxation back in the geek pit.

Peter C Digby

Thanks anyway - my linux box runs 24/7 and is used daily I just love the way
it sits there and doesn't crash ! unless of course you start fiddling

Investigating further.