Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Multilink PPP connection....??

Multilink PPP connection....??

sno

My old ISP no longer offers multilink connection..which I use
do to poor dial up lines in my rural area....

Calling around and searching internet I find that most ISP's do
not offer or know even less then me about such connections...
I am looking for a inexpensive ISP that offers it...

When talking to them I am not sure I am even using the right
terminology...so have some questions...

Simple signal path:

User computer - router - server (same as ISP (?)) - router -
router - server - router - User computer....

Is this correct...??

Multilink:

Signal split at user computer - modem #1 dials into router using
username/password, then modem #2 dials into router using same
username/password as #1 (does router need to be programmed for
multilink ?) (is signal recombined at router or server ? -
server (does server need to be programmed for multilink ?) -
router - same as simple...

Reverse on receive side...??

My understanding is that a ISDN line uses the same setup as
multilink...

If it does, can you use multilink on any ISP that offers ISDN...??
(pay for ISDN and use multilink on it)....

I hope I have explained myself...thank you for any info you
can give me.......sno

--
Save the whales, collect the whole set !

This tag line is generated by:

SLTG (Silly Little Tag Generator)

DeMoN LaG

sno <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> My understanding is that a ISDN line uses the same setup as
> multilink...

No.

> If it does, can you use multilink on any ISP that offers ISDN...??
> (pay for ISDN and use multilink on it)....

If you are going to pay for ISDN, you might as well use it instead of
trying to use Multilink dialup. It's faster and much more reliable. To
answer the actual question you asked, no, you generally can't purchase ISDN
and use dialup instead.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

multilink ppp only works with ppp multilink fragment disable (2 T-1s) Karnov Cisco 1 05-24-2004 02:37 AM
Multilink PPP Smash Cisco 10 01-13-2004 01:57 PM
many lost fragments on ppp-multilink connections Gerd Thuemmler Cisco 0 11-27-2003 07:54 AM
Re: ppp multilink on 2500/3600 Klaus Kruse Cisco 1 10-27-2003 08:00 PM
ppp multilink lost many fragments Gerd Thümmler Cisco 0 07-11-2003 08:05 AM

Advertisments