Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > anyone know of software to monitor WAN port?

anyone know of software to monitor WAN port?

msi

does anyone know of any software that will monitor or get download and
upload amount stats from the routers WAN port? i ahve a Belkin 802.11G and
routers don't usually have SNMP or whatever, so i need some way to monitor
the WAN port only in my router to see how much is downloaded and uploaded.

DeMoN LaG

"msi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:20040422111409.262$(E-Mail Removed):

> does anyone know of any software that will monitor or get download and
> upload amount stats from the routers WAN port? i ahve a Belkin 802.11G
> and routers don't usually have SNMP or whatever, so i need some way to
> monitor the WAN port only in my router to see how much is downloaded
> and uploaded.

The router itself needs to support this, generally via SNMP. On top of
that, you would generally need to purchase software that can read the SNMP
information. Depending on your router, you might not have SNMP support on
it. I know my Linksys has SNMP support for just what you are doing,
monitoring WAN traffic. Otherwise, basically you are beat.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

msi

"DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
> "msi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:20040422111409.262$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > does anyone know of any software that will monitor or get download and
> > upload amount stats from the routers WAN port? i ahve a Belkin 802.11G
> > and routers don't usually have SNMP or whatever, so i need some way to
> > monitor the WAN port only in my router to see how much is downloaded
> > and uploaded.

> The router itself needs to support this, generally via SNMP. On top of
> that, you would generally need to purchase software that can read the SNMP
> information. Depending on your router, you might not have SNMP support on
> it. I know my Linksys has SNMP support for just what you are doing,
> monitoring WAN traffic. Otherwise, basically you are beat.
>
> --
> website: http://www.demonlag.com
> AIM: FrznFoodClerk

my linksys does not have it. i have the 1 port router one. my belkin does
not have snmp.

DeMoN LaG

"msi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:20040422234936.211
$(E-Mail Removed):

> my linksys does not have it. i have the 1 port router one. my belkin does
> not have snmp.

Then there is no way for you to monitor how much traffic goes out and comes
in on the WAN port unless your router has a status page that shows you that
amount.

--
website: http://www.demonlag.com
AIM: FrznFoodClerk

Re: Dual WAN on a 2651, NAT inside, opening one port on the seconday WAN Martin Gallagher Cisco 0 11-27-2012 09:27 AM
PIX 501 - 2 WAN Connections, how to route certain IPs to the 2nd WAN Casper Cisco 1 08-17-2007 08:17 PM
(python papers on tape) anyone wan't audio tutorial w thier software Eric_Dexter@msn.com Python 0 04-18-2007 08:07 AM
Ethernet WAN and not WAN. AM Cisco 1 05-23-2005 11:45 PM
Need to securely connect workstations on another WAN to my WAN kev Cisco 4 11-17-2003 01:55 AM

Advertisments