Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Why all the unrelated words in junk emails?

Why all the unrelated words in junk emails?

John H. Power

Why do so many of the junk email messages I get have a string of
unrelated words either in the subject line or at the end? There must
be some reason for this.

DeMoN LaG

John H. Power <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Why do so many of the junk email messages I get have a string of
> unrelated words either in the subject line or at the end? There must
> be some reason for this.

If I send half a million identically formed emails, most mail servers will
instantly recognize it as spam, since they are all exact duplicates.
People add words and letters and numbers and stuff to them so that they all
look different, and don't get immediately flagged as spam.

ric

"John H. Power" wrote:

> Why do so many of the junk email messages I get have a string of
> unrelated words either in the subject line or at the end? There must
> be some reason for this.

Simply to evade SPAM detection.

George

I get many that are total gibberish...not a single intelligible sentence in
the email. Any purpose to this?