Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Locating PDF Files

Locating PDF Files

Starcap 50

Greetings:

I have only recently learned how to downlowd PDF files and open them with my
Adobe Acrobat Reader.

However, I am having a little problem.

I can't seem to find these files later when I need them. I know they are in a
folder called "download" but I can't seem to find that folder after logging
back onto my computer.

So, what I have been doing is going back to the original e-mail message which
sent the PDF file and downloading and replacing it all over again. This
works, but it's a real pain.

For what it's worth, I have Windows XP.

Can somebody out there give me a detailed set of step-by-step set of
instructions telling me what I click on, in which order, etc., etc., in order
that I can access these files without having to download them all over again?

Thanks a million.

Best,

Dennis

Chet

Do a windows search for files named *.pdf and see where they are by checking
properties.

In the future, instead of trying to open the file directly, if it is a link
on a website, right click on the file name and select "save target as" and
put it where you want. Then you can open the file whenever you want. If
the PDF is in email as an attachment click "file" and "save attachments" and
again, you can put it wherever you want.
"Starcap 50" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings:
>
> I have only recently learned how to downlowd PDF files and open them with

my
> Adobe Acrobat Reader.
>
> However, I am having a little problem.
>
> I can't seem to find these files later when I need them. I know they are

in a
> folder called "download" but I can't seem to find that folder after

logging
> back onto my computer.
>
> So, what I have been doing is going back to the original e-mail message

which
> sent the PDF file and downloading and replacing it all over again. This
> works, but it's a real pain.
>
> For what it's worth, I have Windows XP.
>
> Can somebody out there give me a detailed set of step-by-step set of
> instructions telling me what I click on, in which order, etc., etc., in

order
> that I can access these files without having to download them all over

again?

> Thanks a million.
>
> Best,
>
> Dennis

Plato

Chet wrote:

Thats what I think is going on. I bet his email program is set to
autoopen the file so actually it's still part of the email program I
believe unless he does what you say to do.