Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Eve Had This Virus??

Eve Had This Virus??

RahQ5@webtv.net

Posted this in another ng trying to get a
lttle bit of help from someone who may
know how to get rid of this.
We have a Dell, WinXP and OE. We
want get rid of the Trojan Horse Down
loader Dyfica AO virus. Told to try
MS-DOS but want to make sure thats
the correct way to do it....Thanks!

Enrjyzr

I found this on the web:

> don't know if this will work for you, but I disabled 'system
> restore'and then restarted the computer. Once the computer restarted,
> I enabled 'system restore' again and then ran a virus check. The virus
> was gone.

This isn't my solution, but one I found, so if it works for you, good
deal. I've also read that once you disable system restore, restart your
computer in Safe Mode and then do a virus scan to see if it's picked up
and can possibly be removed. Here again, though, I don't know if that
works, but you could try it as well if the other doesn't work.

Good luck with it.

>Posted this in another ng trying to get a
>lttle bit of help from someone who may
>know how to get rid of this.
> We have a Dell, WinXP and OE. We
>want get rid of the Trojan Horse Down
>loader Dyfica AO virus. Told to try
>MS-DOS but want to make sure thats
>the correct way to do it....Thanks!

New Year's Eve Party in NJ - No Cover Charge Dan Java 0 12-22-2007 05:33 PM
Can you restart a ASP.NET application in the Application_Start eve =?Utf-8?B?bWFzbWl0aA==?= ASP .Net 4 03-21-2007 07:28 PM
NEW Year's Eve and a new IM worm is on the prowl Au79 Computer Support 0 01-01-2006 06:33 AM
Eve from Adams' Ribs Godwin Python 6 08-24-2005 04:36 AM
So what beer are we drinking on this hot summer eve ? slumpy Computer Support 29 08-10-2003 07:12 PM

Advertisments