Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > could I have installed MS Office twice?

could I have installed MS Office twice?

Cory Lechner

1) I had to re-install Microsoft Office XP on my PC. When I look in the
Add/Remove programs box, it says that I have "Microsoft Office XP
Professional" and "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage" both
installed? Is it possible that I have Office installed twice, taking up
unnecessary disk space? If this is possible, how do I fix this?

2) When I try to repair this, it asks for a file "proplus.msi" from the
office disk. I put the disk in, and it can't find the file on the disk??

Cory

Plato

Cory Lechner wrote:

> 1) I had to re-install Microsoft Office XP on my PC. When I look in the
> Add/Remove programs box, it says that I have "Microsoft Office XP
> Professional" and "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage" both
> installed? Is it possible that I have Office installed twice, taking up
> unnecessary disk space? If this is possible, how do I fix this?

Possible. Uninstall the one you dont want.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Thor

It means you re-installed with a version of MS OfficeXP suite that is
different from the suite that was originally installed. One of the two
versions evidently included Frontpage in the bundle, and the other does not.
While you aren't likely using up double the space (assuming you took the
default install locations), you do often end up with conflicting install
info which can cause trouble sometimes where you want to add a feature that
wasn't installed, or repair an install, and then you get the error you
described. It's looking for the msi file from the other installation, which
was probably overwritten by the new one. You should uninstall BOTH versions
listed in the add/remove programs list, then reinstall with your preferred
CD.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...